Margret is calving (THANKS TO EVERYONE)

Help Support CattleToday:

daniel.carver

Reaction score
I work nights, My wife woke me up & told me that Margrets bag dropped & that she had a bubble sticking out. I Jumped out of bed onto the four wheeler & found her, It was breach again :mad: , came back & got the chains, handles, & puller, I had the bucket of warm soapy water. I tried to help her in the field, but all the other cows thought I had feed in the bucket, wife said to lead her to the barn, got there & inside i put a rope around her neck & tied her off, got back there & only one foot was out, reached in & unfolded the other, got the chains on & then grasp the chains & pulled slightly up untill the tail popped out, then pulled down & the calf popped out & WAS ALIVE :banana: . It's a heiffer :banana: . I could not have gotten this far w/out the help of ALL OF YOU :D. Got to go to work now. Thanks Dan.

daniel.carver":2vq0hsv5 said:
I work nights, My wife woke me up & told me that Margrets bag dropped & that she had a bubble sticking out. I Jumped out of bed onto the four wheeler & found her, It was breach again :mad: , came back & got the chains, handles, & puller, I had the bucket of warm soapy water. I tried to help her in the field, but all the other cows thought I had feed in the bucket, wife said to lead her to the barn, got there & inside i put a rope around her neck & tied her off, got back there & only one foot was out, reached in & unfolded the other, got the chains on & then grasp the chains & pulled slightly up untill the tail popped out, then pulled down & the calf popped out & WAS ALIVE :banana: . It's a heiffer :banana: . I could not have gotten this far w/out the help of ALL OF YOU :D. Got to go to work now. Thanks Dan.
Congratulations! Very few things with cattle will give you as much satisfaction as having done everything right and delivering a live calf.