Mares holding out???

Help Support CattleToday:

fellersbarnoneranch

Reaction score
Anyone else overdue??? WE are approaching the 365 day mark. Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with antagonistic mares (aside from dun and his uncooperative cow!)

Mine was pasture bred on her foal heat after 04/20/04 last year, so I don't know her exact due date. She's getting close though. The heifers however are taking forever!!!

I don't have any mares bred this year so I couldn't tell you about mine. But I do know that they can go as long as 14 months to foal and be ok. Good luck!

I know thats mighty frustratin fellers..one of the reason I dont keep mares anymore...still looking forward to seeing some more of your photos though

None yet, but the tobiano is waxing heavy and all of a sudden like. If you don't hear from me for a while...I am either still in the barn waiting her out, or she repremanded me for waiting her out and you won't ever hear form me again! Either way, it has been a pleasure making your acquaintance! :cboy:

She was quite a lady! Gentle and tolerant of our presence. One down, one to go. This other mare is just about 3 weeks over (tic toc, tic toc) and a maiden. She might be the one to put me in my place! I might give ya'll a warning before I foal her out...may be the last you hear from me. Ever wonder if anyone would notice that you'd "gone"?