maple syrup

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
My son sent us a jug of the stuff from Wisconsin where he lives. I don't think I'll. Ever be able to handle the flavored sugar water agin.

Those of you who live there have a good deal. I would almost put up with the snow for it.

Pshhh, that Wisconsin stuff tastes like piss compared to NY syrup. :) We put up about 80 gallons a year. It's not my favorite activity, but my dad and brother love it, and I can't argue with the results. And yes, its no comparison to the corn syrup crap that comes in the brown glass bottle, I don't care how pretty she looks.

I actually saw a knock down drag out fist fight over who had better sugar bush N.Y. VS. VERMONT. It was comical to me but these ol boys were serious . They should try the sugar water :yuck: they would hunt the CEO down and hang him . I make my own lotta work but you can't beat the flavor . :cboy:

Maple syrup is terribly expensive here, even the stuff with corn syrup. We use mostly cane syrup but they dilute this down with corn syrup too to make it more competitive. Pure cane syrup is nothing like the diluted stuff but its getting harder to come by.

Well artesiansprings, unless you send me a jug so I can have a proper side by side tatse test, I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

We have a lot of hackberry trees here, I have heard you can make syrup out of the berries.

We're a 7 generation maple farm. Once you've had the real stuff, the rest is just bog water. Besides, everyone knows real maple syrup comes from Maine. :)

Jogeephus":11k4g5s7 said:
Maple syrup is terribly expensive here, even the stuff with corn syrup. We use mostly cane syrup but they dilute this down with corn syrup too to make it more competitive. Pure cane syrup is nothing like the diluted stuff but its getting harder to come by.
Joe, come over this way the first Saturday In November for the annual syrup cook off in two egg. Pure cane syrup is hard to beat.

Got my maple syrup fix when i went to see my mom. Cousins do it. Gets heavy in the suitcase! Can't find maple candy anymore. Even the amish add sugar to it. But i do remember jack wax, or snow candy. Had pure cane syrup from georgia once and yes it was really darn good.