Many bands have played rock and roll...one band IS rock and

Help Support CattleToday:

Can't stand AC DC but Pink Floyd rocks!

Don't really like the stones either since the 70's. LOLOL, I just realized that they are in their 70's now.

lol i saw ZZ Top in concert here a cpl years ago..they needed help getting on the stage.... last time i saw them before this time was the Recycler Tour in the 90's....AC/DC reminds me of my bad days, keeps me from going back to drugs...

Shantilly":23dwfnfq said:
yes please give me shelter from this band.... sorry not a fan..i'm more of a Pink Floyd... AC/DC kind of girl ;)
Shantilly":23dwfnfq said:
yes please give me shelter from this band.... sorry not a fan..i'm more of a Pink Floyd... AC/DC kind of girl ;)

That's OK, so you had a 2.0 gpa in High School? Really, Pink Floyd. Really?

the only ones i don't like are The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan... Bob has some amazing song writing skills but he whines :( And Ol Mick songs are great if I read the words..but don't want to hear him sing them :( I didn't realize that I was supposed to name ALL the Rock n Roll Types I like.. much shorter list on ones I don't :)

TennesseeTuxedo":2yi8ntxu said:
Never cared for the Stones, I was more into Haggard and Jones.

I have such a wide taste in music that I do like some of the Stones material, but as for being a huge fan of a particular artist, Haggard and Jones do it for me!

The Stones were really something new, different and exciting in their heyday, they leave one heckuva musical legacy. Honky Tonk Women is one of my all time favorite songs, just can't listen to it and not be in a better mood. But naming the "best" artist for any genre of music is like naming your favorite child, isn't it??? Depends what you are in the mood for. I can listen to about anything except rap and head banging heavy metal (which AC DC is not). Rock, some pop, some country, some folk/bluegrass, it's all good on any given day.

I took my son to his first rock concert - it was AC DC. He was about 14 and boy did his eyes light up when the big screen caught the ladies "flashing" during "She's got the jack". He probably would have enjoyed it even more without his mom next to him, but them's the breaks.

Don't care for the Stones either. But one new group, Imagine Dragons, is pretty good with their alternative--or "indie"--rock music. Already have a few favourites on my iPod, in addition to the regular country I always listen to: Corb Lund, Zac Brown, Johnny Reid, Johnny Cash and others.

I was never a Stones fan either. I think Lynyrd Skynyrd gets my vote for the best rock band, although I wouldn't argue with someone who prefers The Beatles.

Good comments, all. I guess it's a generational thing. "Dark Side of the Moon" had been out for probably 10 yrs before I bought a copy--during that time when everything was switching to CD's. I saw a chevy van--the old full size vans--out on I-65 one day--with some kind of velour wrap on it and that prism art off the album cover. I remember thinking how loudly that said "stop me, search me".
People a few years younger than me are huge AD-DC fans. I never did get it :???:

I guess I am weird but I never really got into the Stones, Beatles or Zeppelin though I like classic rock. I can listen to Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Boston, Van Halen (mostly with Sammy Hagar), Ted Nugent, Styx, Kansas etc. all day. I like some more current stuff from Creed, Evanesence, Black Country Communion, Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart. I am a music buff. I like just about every genre except rap and big band stuff.