Manure spreaders...what's your recommendation?

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
I'm pretty limited down here. I've seen a NH or two (used), offered for sale and also the one posted below, which is new. Any recommendations just in case I stumble across some other models?

MODEL80.jpg

It sounds like your choices are limited. If you are wanting to spread manure with straw or hay and want to reduce the number of piles then it would be wise to add a top beater, if available. The H & S is sold locally and they seem to be popular but they tend to be sold here without the second beater and the owners spread on ground that is going to be row cropped. Very little bedding is used since straw is now more expensive than hay and the majority of what is spread is slop scraped up off the feedlot.

One of the better machine I have used was a Leon, because the sides and floor were composite (no rust, no broken wood), and it has a pushing plate so no broken chains and bars, and no digging out the load.

With a machine like the H & S you are best to wash it down well every day or at least weekly when it is in use to avoid it rusting away to a short life.

Latest posts