Manure spreader

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
Match it to what you have available to pull it with, and what you will be spreading.

I like tandem axles with big tires and double beaters. Floor chains are a pain in the as$ if they aren't in good shape. Hydra push is nice. Vertical beaters are also nice, but found in bigger spreaders

Have never used a side slinger, never had interest to try one.

Forgot to mention, tractor hp is not an issue. Have tractors 95hp up to 370hp with pto.
I will look into double beaters, and hyd pusher. Thank you

I prefer one with a push gate. And double beaters are nice especially if you're going to load it up over the top

I bought a JD Model N years ago, my first. Everything was pretty much worn out but it still worked just fine since tight tolerances on moving parts weren't necessary. Only defect was ladder chain was broken (TSC sells such) and one the scraper bars that are pulled along to move the goodies to the rear was bent....no problem to straighten. There was a side board rotted out on the end but it was forward of the main hopper and didn't matter

Single axle, ground driven floor "sweeper" defined as a series of bars that the ladder chain moves toward as a speed governed by the speed lever up front where it can be reached by the operator.

PTO drives the pulverizer/spreader tines that beat into the goodies and sling them out to the rear.

I don't know how much it held but for a STO it was big enough for my needs. I also use it for picking up the piles of stomped on hay where I put the hay rings (after the fact) and in the fall fill it with leaves which I vacuum from the farm which I put out on the fields. After fixing the chain and greasing it, I oiled the floor and sides real good to seal against moisture....I do store it in a barn to keep it from deteriorating more than it already is.

Not a big consumer of HP nor requirement for a lot of tractor weight. Density of poop and all is low so you can tow a lot with a little and the machine is light.

Real simple machine. Well worth the few hundred I paid for it.

just picked up a JD 450 pusher thats in pretty good shape. we'll see how it does soon.

Latest posts