Managed recoil ammunition

Help Support CattleToday:

STARSIX

Reaction score
Has anyone used remington managed recoil bullets.
I was looking for a new gun for my grandson and the salesman told me to try these and i would save a lot of money.
The 270 is supposed to have less recoil than a 243 .

STARSIX":171x1d3o said:
Has anyone used remington managed recoil bullets.
I was looking for a new gun for my grandson and the salesman told me to try these and i would save a lot of money.
The 270 is supposed to have less recoil than a 243 .

There are three components regarding gun recoil.

1-Gun weight
2-Bullet weight
3-Bullet velocity

Besides adding a Muzzle Brake.
In order to have less Ft. Lbs. of recoil -

1- Gun weight would have to be increased
2- Bullet weight would have to be lowered
3- Bullet velocity would have to be lowered

I suspect they are just slowing a smaller bullet down.

Why make a .270 out of a .243?

But then again, you can only kill something just "so dead". ;-)

They lowered the bullet to 155 grain and decreased the powder i'm sure. still giving the same ballistics as the 130 grain.

Sorry about that i meant 115 grain.
to answer your question i dont have a 243 but i do have a 270

STARSIX":1ukqdb5a said:
Sorry about that i meant 115 grain.
to answer your question i dont have a 243 but i do have a 270

I only meant that lowering bullet size and lowering velocity would be counter productive and would approx. be comparative to a .270 against the .243.

The "External" ballistics may be comparable at a given distance but the "Terminal" ballistics would not.

But if it gets your game, who cares? ;-)

The only advantage to shooting these "Managed" recoil bullets is less recoil. If that's enough for you. Go for it.

I hope they have added more expansion capabilities to these slower bullets in order to kill game as efficiently with less velocity.

Interesting subject!

I think its mainly people wanting their kids to hunt but don't want to buy them a brand new rifle off the bat. So they take an old rifle they have and can buy ammunition that is easier on the kids. Or for people who have a .270 and are having neck or shoulder problems and need less recoil.

THe only advantage I see to that is right now he can shoot a bullet he can handle later on if he wants to shoot a regular .270 bullet he can.

With that said I like the .243 caliber so I would just get it and be done. Great gun for a first timer or a pro. :D

I bought a box in 270, shot three shots with usual rounds then three with them and they were within one inch at 100 yds.
grand son didnt see any bucks so i dont know how they perform.

Latest posts