Man Shoots, Kills Suspected Robber (Updated)

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
OCOEE, Fla. -- A good samaritan shot and killed a suspected robber during an attack on a clerk at a convenience store late Monday night. The good samaritan said he saw the armed robber beating the clerk with what he believed was a gun and when the robber turned toward him he opened fire.

Orange County deputies and Ocoee police surrounded the Kangaroo Express convenience store on Franklin Street (see map) in Ocoee with crime tape. Officers said they found the suspected armed robber lying on the floor dead inside the store.

"I'm a shaken up obviously," said Christopher, the good samaritan.

Christopher said he walked in the convenience store to buy cigarettes and told investigators he noticed a man acting suspicious and went back to his SUV in the parking lot to grab his cell phone and called 911.

"I heard the woman in the store screaming, 'Help, help, help' and I grabbed my firearm and went in the store and that's how it ended," he said.

Christopher said he shot the man twice because he was brutally attacking the clerk and thought he saw the attempted robber with a gun, which ended up being a beer bottle.

"She was being hit with a beer bottle. She has a knot on the back of her head," Christopher said.

His mother and a friend showed up at the store to be with Christopher while crime scene investigators took pictures of the evidence and collected it.

"It's a very bad situation, but not only that, it teaches people right now that want to go out and rob stores that you never know who's going to be in the parking lot," he said.

Christopher said he does have a permit to carry a gun. Investigators said that no charges have been filed against him.

Good for him. Maybe this will make some stop and think.

:clap: :clap: :clap: One more p.o.s. off the streets and we don't have to pay to keep them in jail either.

As the legal system continues to collapse, we will be seeing more of this in the future.

IF it happened around here, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy would've been charged with manslaughter and had to sit 2 years in prison.

Toby L.":gpymp36e said:
IF it happened around here, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy would've been charged with manslaughter and had to sit 2 years in prison.

That's really too bad. Seems to be a lot of variation in this country in what is deemed right and that of wrong. What kind of state law is there that says we have to idly stand by and watch someone get beatup/killed. What kind of twisted community creates such a law through their politicians? Sure glad I live in the Southern half of the U.S.

Toby L.":1zmy2k68 said:

If the people in MN that are suporting Al Franken get their way that 2 years will probably grow to life while a real murderer will get out in say 5 years or less because his mommy used to spank him :mad:

HOSS":30rfuv8h said:
If the people in MN that are suporting Al Franken get their way that 2 years will probably grow to life while a real murderer will get out in say 5 years or less because his mommy used to spank him :mad:

Don't even get me started. Mn voters have turned into the squirreliest(I'm not sure if that's even a word) bunch of voters, a former "wrestler", now this. :help:

Probably wasn't the best course of action, but at least he did something. I was watching a show last night, a girl was talking about how a man broke into her apartment and raped and beat her, she went to ask her neighbors to use their phone to call an ambulance and the police and they "didn't want to get involved", she tried to stop a woman getting into her car but she had to "get to work". Some people.

we dont play down here in fl..there are billboards on i-75 telling (warning) that the use of force is encouraged here....concealed wepaons permits are awesome!

Kathy and I both have concealed weapons permits. We only use them [cary weapons] when we travel in unfamiliar territory for personal protection. I hope we never have to use a gun against another human.
Tom.

MistyMorning":3cs7u5yd said:
Mn voters have turned into the squirreliest(I'm not sure if that's even a word) bunch of voters, a former "wrestler", now this. :help:

Well, yes, there's squirrels:

squirrel.jpg

And then there's real squirrels:

squirrel.jpg

HOSS":2rijo245 said:
Toby L.":2rijo245 said:

Hoss, I was thinking more of 10 years probation, but that still seems harsh. After all, goodness knows what the robber would have done that that poor woman if the man had not stepped in. I think that a grand jury should decline to indict him.

Al Frankin. Who would have thought that anyone would take him seriously as a politician? I never knew what to make of him as a comedian, writer, pundit, whatever the heck he was. Talk about a gender bender.

Ryder":2t80sk5o said:
LoveMoo11":2t80sk5o said:
Probably wasn't the best course of action, but at least he did something.
What would you suggest to be a better course of action?

I don't know... offer him a cookie if he quit hitting that nice lady over the head with a beer bottle? Maybe a pillow fight instead?

I still don't know what to think of the general populice carrying handguns around, but he saved that lady's life and that's something she'll never forget.

Now watch this robber's family sue the guy for the shooting.

Just seems to me there is more crime than the "official law" can manage. Maybe once these guys figure out there are armed citizens willing to help they won't be so anxious to try to get easy money.

I don't know... offer him a cookie if he quit hitting that nice lady over the head with a beer bottle? Maybe a pillow fight instead?

I still don't know what to think of the general populice carrying handguns around, but he saved that lady's life and that's something she'll never forget.

Now watch this robber's family sue the guy for the shooting.[/quote]

Lammie, to ease your concerns about the general populace carrying concealed weapons I can tell you this. Every state that has enacted a non high restrictive concealed carry law has seen a marked decrease in violent crime and robberies. I know Florida used to be the carjacking capital of the world until they allowed CCW permits and the incidences of carjackings dropped like a rock after a few carjackers got dropped like a rock. Then the carjackers turned toward carjacking cars with out of state license plates. This activity went down too after the reciprocal laws were passed to allow other states residents to carry concealed weapons in Florida.

Here in Tennessee crime dropped dramatically when concealed weapons permits were allowed. Tennessee has over 250,000 permit holders and permits have been available since 1994. To my knowledge in 15 years of concealed carry permits by a quarter million residents not one murder has been committed by a legit permit holder. There is not a city anywhere of 250k people that has 0 murders in 15 years. This goes to show that permitted citizens carrying guns is much safer than no citizens carrying guns.

I saw a stat here in TN where you are more likely to be murdered by a police officer who is commiting a crime (we had a couple of police officers kill other people in love triangles and dirty cop drug deals) than you would be a concealed carry permit holder. Most people when asked say that they feel safe with police officers carrying guns around them but not the general populace. Statistics do not show this to be the real case however. I feel safe with police carrying guns as well as the general populace. As a former LEO I also felt safe with the general population bearing arms (concealed or otherwise) when I was on duty.

So Lammie if trouble ever befalls upon you, and I hope it never does, I hope that you are carrying a gun or someone around you is. If your state offers a CCW permit class go ahead and take it, get your permit. You don't have to carry but I think that if you ever feel the need having that option is a good thing.
:cboy:

LoveMoo11":11jscbnp said:
Probably wasn't the best course of action, but at least he did something. I was watching a show last night, a girl was talking about how a man broke into her apartment and raped and beat her, she went to ask her neighbors to use their phone to call an ambulance and the police and they "didn't want to get involved", she tried to stop a woman getting into her car but she had to "get to work". Some people.

I think it was the absolute best thing that could have happened. It got a slim ball of the street, the lady was saved, and the tax payers didn't have to pay to defend the rat, nor pay to feed and house the sorry piece of crap. It just doesn't get any better than that! :clap:

The court systems don't even work anymore. There was this sorry low life piece of trash here in Atlanta that got loose in court and killed the judge and court reporter, then went on to kill more and rape a lady in her own home. The sorry jury couldn't even vote the death penalty for him when he did it in plain site of numerous people. Now the tax payers have to pay to take care of him for the rest of his life, not to mention the millions the tax payers had to fork over to prosecute him. The system is broke! It would have been better if a cop would have put a bullet in his head when they found him, case closed!

Latest posts