Man I'm getting tired of rain.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bobg

Reaction score
I never thought I would say that, but since I've lived in eastern Washington it rains too muc for me during the winter. Once it gets above 30 is starts raining and over cast. Mud is up to my cows knees. I've even thought of moving back to MT when I retire just to get rid of some mud. I took two weeks off hoping to catch up on things that needed to be done outside and it's been raining since I've been home. Told my wife today that I may go back to work next week if it's still raining.

Bobg

You guys got a good load of snow a few weeks back also, my son and his wife live in Spokane. But we're pretty wet her in western Oregon also.

You know what the saying is... we don't tan, we rust.

Alan

Alan":2z6h9hw7 said:
You know what the saying is... we don't tan, we rust.

:lol: :lol:

It's pretty wet here too. Temps are hovering around freezing, and so it's been rain-snow-rain-snow all day long. I'm actually wishing for -20F weather :shock:; my pens are knee-deep in muck, and one has enough "water" pooled to float a ship. :roll: Anything to get rid of the muck...neg20 doesn't look so bad right now.

In the same boat Bob...only live a bit north...wish it would stop raining or freeze hard....sure let me know where I need to grade the pens. Cows won't go in the loafing shed...just bed under the trees. DMc

shorthorn cowgirl":49rwp7rn said:
you guys are lucky. all we get is 60 mph wind ever day. it really sucks

not 60mph here, but it is windy and dry.

It has been near 70 degrees and sunny here the last few days, its good, but I could sure go for cold and rainy. We need rain bad, there has been fires all over the area.

Let's say here in texas its fixin' to be january and i was wearing shorts yesterday when we were workin' the calf's..i'm ready for it to be COLD.

-bherefords":25fu74wb said:
Let's say here in texas its fixin' to be january and i was wearing shorts yesterday when we were workin' the calf's..i'm ready for it to be COLD.

ditto... last week of december and it feels like spring...

Can you say drought? :(

That's what we've got here - no rain, no grass, and very little hay to be found - creek is bone dry and stock tanks are going dry. Other than that, the weather's great!

Alan":1ie75i1q said:
You guys got a good load of snow a few weeks back also, my son and his wife live in Spokane. But we're pretty wet her in western Oregon also.Alan

We had about 8 inches of snow on the ground and temp was in the 20's, was glad the ground was hard. It started warming up and the snow was gone in two days and now it's been raining ever since. Wish I had a loafing shed for my cows, but their alright standing under the trees and brush.

Bobg

We had a nice 8" of snow down below freezing temps, everything was great, it has now warmed up just above freezing going on about a week or better, most of the snow is gone and has been replaced by the muck, just enough to thaw out the top of the ground with frozen underneath, makes everything a mess and very dangerous to get around it, kinda like grease on top of glass...

Be careful of what you wish for. Last year we had a horrible January and February , rain and mud like I had never seen. That was the end of it till August.
Drought is far worse then rain as far as I'm concerned

dun

Rain? We have just been having Oregon Mist. That is the stuff that missed Oregon and is hitting us. The cows and I both avoid stepping off the concrete if we can. We set a new record high four days in a row and it has rained every day. There was a lot of snow in the hills around here but with the warm weather and rain it is all going down stream now.
Dave

dun":28qc6k37 said:
Be careful of what you wish for. Last year we had a horrible January and February , rain and mud like I had never seen. That was the end of it till August.

dun

Truer words never spoken, we are in one bad drought here a lot of these partimers are not going to survive if it doesn't break soon. They overstocked because of good prices forgot about old mother nature. Going to get rich in cattle buying hay at 60 bucks a roll or sack feed. ;-)

....and no rain forcast for the month of January.....I sure do hope those weather liers are lying about that.......

dun":1pmb9596 said:

dun

Glad you got some rain in August If we hadn't gotten 3 inches out of the hurricane we would really be in a worse hurt. Only 6 inches of rain since March; didn't even get a real first hay cutting (got 18 5x6 rolls off of 600 acres!) We're only done 26 inches for the year! Oh well; hope springs eternal! Next year will be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just put on your boots and take the rain. The people of Cross Plains TX would have liked to have rain yesterday. Reports of 30-60 houses destroyed and two people dead. Also two churches and the school badly smoke damaged. Around 10 miles west, 5 east and who knows the others scorched. My family and I were coming back from west TX and had to detour to Brownwood. All becasue of some useless smoker. I don't care if you want to kill yourself and smoke. JUST DON'T THROW THE GD BUTTS OUT THE BLASTED WINDOW.

Scotty

Latest posts