Making progress

Help Support CattleToday:

back2dfuture

Reaction score
This past weekend, Friday, I had 5 heifers & 5 2nd calvers & a 2.5 yr char bull delivered. This gives me 7 cows & 6 heifers. This time last yr I had 2 bred longhorns & was learning my way through. Still learning.. But to be honest the cows are easy to deal with its the other stuff. Throughout the past year, I've faced a few challenges, I've lost a calf, I've had relatives leave gates open after going hunting & fishing. A tree branch fail over on my fence cows got out... & I'm an hour away lol.. My longhorns are dog gentle so that helped.. I received my USDA Micro Loan for new farmers & ranchers which allowed me to purchase my new editions. Nice char/bm crosses, I would post pics but it's just to big of a hassle & at 36yr olds I considered my self tech savvie

Sounds like you are progressing AND getting a a free copy of "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" thrown in with the enjoyment. ;-)

Congrats! You are on your way to being married to your cattle like some of the rest of us! :tiphat:
They will worry you, make you smile, disturb you, baffle you, pizz you off, and hopefully NOT hurt you! :cboy:
All why you are just trying to take care of them!

Enjoy building your herd!

Latest posts