Making movies is dangerous.........

Help Support CattleToday:

apparently many of the crew walked off the set earlier because of poor working conditions. this is what happens when you think the people below you are not that important to the success of the people at the top. Since Baldwin is apparent in charge of the production, the responsibility should be on him. regardless a 42 year old mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend to many lost her life because of someone else's negligence.

apparently many of the crew walked off the set earlier because of poor working conditions. this is what happens when you think the people below you are not that important to the success of the people at the top. Since Baldwin is apparent in charge of the production, the responsibility should be on him. regardless a 42 year old mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend to many lost her life because of someone else's negligence.
Read about that in the paper today (Wichita Eagle/kansas.com). Additionally:

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set that day said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges on Saturday.

Baldwin's stunt-double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was "cold" – lingo for a weapon that doesn't have any ammunition, including blanks, two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

"There should have been an investigation into what happened," said the crew member.

How bout banning guns on movie sets. Seems like a lot of those Hollywood types are gun control advocates, maybe they should lead by example and make other kinds of movies and tv shows and not use guns. Leave the folks alone, that know how to properly and safely use a gun.
Terrible situation, and bad that someone lost their life because of a mistake that should have been caught well before it happened.

7444c8b7b4168f19.jpg

Rule number one in any gun safety book. Treat every gun as if it were loaded!

I dont know why there would be live ammo on the set either. That seems it would be a recipe for disaster.

I assume they were filming a scene when the accident happened. I feel bad for Baldwin. The armorer and assistant director were both extremely negligent, and put the rest of the crew in a terrible position. Yes, Baldwin could have checked the gun for himself, but I doubt that's standard operating procedure on a film set. Many actors probably wouldn't know how to safely do it themselves. That's why there's a person on the crew whose only job is literally to make sure that the firearms are safe.

Well yeah i would assume he didnt know it was loaded. Doesnt change the rule and is the very reason for the rule. Wasnt his fault right up to the point he pointed it at something he didnt want to die and pulled the trigger. That is something you just dont do. I am well aware of how they work firearms on a movie set, thats why i am wondering how live ammo got there.

I also will always have a problem with somebody who doesnt know how to operate one safely lobbying for me not being allowed to own one safely as most of Hollywood does.

Well yeah i would assume he didnt know it was loaded. Doesnt change the rule and is the very reason for the rule. Wasnt his fault right up to the point he pointed it at something he didnt want to die and pulled the trigger. That is something you just dont do. I am well aware of how they work firearms on a movie set, thats why i am wondering how live ammo got there.
Pointing a gun at someone you don't want to die is something of a necessity in movie filming. That's why they're supposed to have the extra precautions in place. There are a lot of movies that couldn't have been made if actors weren't allowed to recklessly wave guns around.

Latest posts