Making movies is dangerous.........

Help Support CattleToday:

apparently many of the crew walked off the set earlier because of poor working conditions. this is what happens when you think the people below you are not that important to the success of the people at the top. Since Baldwin is apparent in charge of the production, the responsibility should be on him. regardless a 42 year old mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend to many lost her life because of someone else's negligence.

I assume they were filming a scene when the accident happened. Yes, Baldwin could have checked the gun for himself, but I doubt that's standard operating procedure on a film set. Many actors probably wouldn't know how to safely do it themselves.
If the gun was expected to be loaded with a blank or blanks.
I doubt that I would notice the difference in checking the gun.

It was reported no union prop worker was present at the time of the shooting.
Safety was one of the issues for their walking out over poor working conditions, after 2 weapon misfires occurred in previous rehearsals.
Actors are asked to fire weapons during rehearsal to help them make fake recoil look natural because blanks don't generate recoil like live ammo.

The woman shot was helping him to make things appear real and may even have instructed him to aim at a target out of camera range to make it look natural.
Would certainly add to his feelings of guilt if he chose her as his off camera target.

Last edited:
Pointing a gun at someone you don't want to die is something of a necessity in movie filming. That's why they're supposed to have the extra precautions in place. There are a lot of movies that couldn't have been made if actors weren't allowed to recklessly wave guns around.
He killed a director of photography. I know you whackos stick together, but have a heart man

Pointing a gun at someone you don't want to die is something of a necessity in movie filming. That's why they're supposed to have the extra precautions in place. There are a lot of movies that couldn't have been made if actors weren't allowed to recklessly wave guns around.
Sure with all the movie magic they can do there is no way to stage that. They all really get punched and sucked out of airplanes too. Point the gun after you check it or pull the trigger you dont do both at the same time.

When they do a scene with a car chase they use driver's that know how to drive a car......I'm just sayin.

I assume they were filming a scene when the accident happened. I feel bad for Baldwin. The armorer and assistant director were both extremely negligent, and put the rest of the crew in a terrible position. Yes, Baldwin could have checked the gun for himself, but I doubt that's standard operating procedure on a film set. Many actors probably wouldn't know how to safely do it themselves. That's why there's a person on the crew whose only job is literally to make sure that the firearms are safe.
The operator, is ultimately responsible, whether it is someone pulling a trigger, someone driving a vehicle or someone operating a piece of machinery.

The person holding the gun is the operator.. period.

Wonder if there were any "mishaps" on the sets of Gun Smoke, The Rifleman, or the old western movies.
I say ban guns on modern day Hollywood productions because they obviously aren't knowledgeable or capable of responsibly handling firearms. Regulate Hollywood, leave the flyover states alone.

Wonder if there were any "mishaps" on the sets of Gun Smoke, The Rifleman, or the old western movies.
I say ban guns on modern day Hollywood productions because they obviously aren't knowledgeable or capable of responsibly handling firearms. Regulate Hollywood, leave the flyover states alone.
Ky> You are playing right into Buck's liberal hands by yielding even one point. Once you give even one minor exception they will grab it
like a turtle grabs a duckling on a farm pond. So what do you propose to yield on next now that you have thrown the entertainment
industry to the wolves? Let's see........ how about military reenactments? military funerals? any documentaries showing the use
or any weaponry? actually Porky Pig blasting the feathers off Daffy Duck could well be the reason the little duckling was on the pond
in the first place!
PS: Some of the best movies ever made have been made in flyover states. LVR

Like a fish, any duckling that can't swim faster than a turtle deserves to die.
It doesn't matter how many flippers they have; turtles aren't exactly streamline shaped.

The operator, is ultimately responsible, whether it is someone pulling a trigger, someone driving a vehicle or someone operating a piece of machinery.

The person holding the gun is the operator.. period.
Not comparable and won't hold up in court, although I'm sure that will be included in one of the lawsuits that will follow.

The person who loaded the live round will get sued for criminal negligence as will Baldwin as the film's producer and anyone else with 'deep pockets' associated with the production of the movie.
I expect that everyone has lawyered up by now and stopped talking, so new information will be hard to come by until the whole mess heads to court.

@callmefence is right, turtles are pretty proficient at killing ducks and geese, especially young ones. I gave up years ago on trying to have domestic ducks, If the turtles didn't get them coyotes or foxes would. A Canada goose hatched out some a few years ago, and it wasn't long one by one they disappeared. Once even saw a big blue heron dead at the edge of a pond, still intact, with part in the water. I figure a turtle did it, cause a fox or coyote would have eaten it and carried it off.

Ky> You are playing right into Buck's liberal hands by yielding even one point. Once you give even one minor exception they will grab it
like a turtle grabs a duckling on a farm pond. So what do you propose to yield on next now that you have thrown the entertainment
industry to the wolves? Let's see........ how about military reenactments? military funerals? any documentaries showing the use
or any weaponry? actually Porky Pig blasting the feathers off Daffy Duck could well be the reason the little duckling was on the pond
in the first place!
PS: Some of the best movies ever made have been made in flyover states. LVR
I was being a bit facetious, although, I have to admit on a personal level, I really despise the violent and gruesome content in a lot of the current shows and movies. I think that those along with violent video games are desensitizing the younger generations that are growing up seeing that kind of garbage.
The military knows how to properly use firearms so military funerals should not be an issue, as far as I am concerned.
I'm not too concerned about reenactments as those folks are probably experienced handlers as well. Though as a side note, My grandfather was hit in the head with an errant flaming arrow, at a reenactment at an amphitheater at a KY state park years ago.
Now the old cartoons like Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd etc. that's some good TV right there. From what I hear though the woke folks have done messed with those.

Seems like that rule does and should apply on movie sets as well. Who'd a thunk it.

Seems like that rule does and should apply on movie sets as well. Who'd a thunk it.
Rule one all fire arms are loaded.
Rule two never point a firearm at anyone.
Rule three don't let booger eating morons handle firearms.

When you drive a car down the road for what ever reason and run over a pedestrian intended or not that usually ends in second degree manslaughter. IMO not 1st or 2nd degree murder, but he is guilty of something.

Not to spread any rumor but word on the street is Alec Baldwin inherited Barney's bullet.
If this is indeed a fact then it becomes obvious Alec, unlike Barney, did not keep said bullet in his shirt pocket.
Just sayin' More facts as they become available.

Latest posts