Making do with what you have

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer

Reaction score
Post any empty cupboard concoction or making do with what you have creations.

Pulled out some tomato slices drenched them in balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper, took some garlic seasoned croutons and melted shredded cheese over them, then stuck a few on each tomato slice. Looked over and they had done a vanishing act in moments. I may be a long lost relative of Sky, the melted cheese on the crouton is pretty awesome.

Have a kitchen at work, couple weeks ago I made what I labeled as broke man's linguini- we didn't have any linguini, but we had a bland store bought alfredo sauce in a jar and some spaghetti. I fried several slices of salami lunch meat up, and cooked down some spinach leaves (that was in the fridge for a salad) in olive oil a few extras- I think I even threw in a little balsamic vinegar there as well. Heated up the sauce with the salami and cooked spinach throwing in some pepper for a little more flavor. There was some trepidation, but it worked out alright.

Spaghetti and ketchup... lived off that for a long time when I was broke-arsed.

Then I made what I called "Stoup".. half stew, half soup.
Diced stew meat, covered in a little flour with lots of cayenne pepper, fry well
diced potatoes, diced squash, a can of tomato paste, diced onions, crushed garlic, and lots of seasonings, cover with water and slow cook for a long time

Add enough hot sauce to keep roommates from eating it: you have a a week's worth of food!

Flour, raisins, spoonful of sugar, form into a dough with milk and fry. Good with butter and jam/honey, or just on its own.
Or omit the sugar and raisins, instead substituting chopped parsley and chives and grated cheese.

Half tin of condensed milk dumped into a bowl, stir in rice flour and ground almonds. Eat. Fast energy when there isn't time for lunch...

Latest posts