black and red

Reaction score
Here ya go buddy!

bull_cows_line.jpg

bull_face.jpg

bull_front.jpg

calves_in_pasture.jpg

bull_calf.jpg

Those are some awesome pics and some good lookin cows thats exactly what im wantin to do this next year

Kingfisher":18twucr3 said:
What can you tell us about that bull?

I will try to get some better pics of the bull. What do you think of him? He's a Redeem son. Jensen herefords in NC Kansas. I just bought him as a yearling. Pretty decent EPD's. Probably didn't need quiet that good of a bull for 22 cows but I wanted good cattle. Very good temperment too. He's easier to work than my cows! The cows are first calf heifers, mostly angus but my calves are getting redder every day so must have some simmy, herf or red angus in em. I've been pretty happy with everything. Oh I forgot, the calves are actually out of a horned hereford bull. I bought the cows bred this winter.

He looks pretty decent, the better the bull the better the return will ultimately be. Looking at your cows I probably would have leant towards a slightly different type of bull, but that is just my opinion and preference. He'll work more than good enough for you.

KNERSIE":16wwlko1 said:
He looks pretty decent, the better the bull the better the return will ultimately be. Looking at your cows I probably would have leant towards a slightly different type of bull, but that is just my opinion and preference. He'll work more than good enough for you.

I'm still pretty green. I appreciate any help I can get. Can you explain to me what would have been a better fit for these cows? That way I'll know in the future. Thanks!

black and red":2wnexoas said:
KNERSIE":2wnexoas said:

I'm still pretty green. I appreciate any help I can get. Can you explain to me what would have been a better fit for these cows? That way I'll know in the future. Thanks!

Your cows are very angular, I would have used a deeper, heavier boned, soggier, thicker type bull to offset your cows. There are more to maternal quality than just milk, I believe a bull such as I described will give you a more complete maternal package and make for easier doing, more fertile cows that can handle tougher conditions better.

Like I said, you are already taking a huge step forward with this bull and don't get discouraged with your current bull, there isn't anything wrong with him, but there is room for improvement in your situation without breaking the bank.

Latest posts