Making America great again.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Some excellent cabinet choices for putting the country back to work. IMO My only question is, how many freeloaders are willing work anymore? Around here you can hire decent help if you pay them cash off the books, otherwise it's illegals. Most folks that want a job have a job, it might not be the job they want but it's a job. I guess we'll see.

Our culture has to change back to the way it was. I definitely don't believe in employers having to do the job of law enforcement. But illegal immigrants AND THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE THEM. Must face the music.
If you pay someone over 600.00 and don't issue a 1099 you are just as much a criminal as they are.
If you are working full time help off the books. Not deducting taxes and matching as and Medicade. You are a criminal.
When the cheap illegal labor and their bosses are gone. The value of these jobs will increase.
And the void will fill. Yes there will be a messy period, and I believe inflation is imminent.
But you gotta break that egg.
Shame on anyone who knowingly hires illegal labor.

When I decided to hang it up as a concrete contractor / home builder if you wanted good help here in Texas you had to hire illegals.. we have so much industry here, I E . Chemical plants and refineries if a person can pass a drug test they work construction there.. scaffold builders are making 25 plus an hour .. I couldn't pay that pouring concrete.. not to mention you are bidding against illegals for jobs.. they don't have insurance, workman's comp. They don't pay taxes .. when I quit I had to charge 2 dollars a foot more than they did just to pay the extras . Until ice or border patrol clamps down and starts catching the illegals we are screwed.. all they have to do is go arrest them at their protest or sit at the gas stations and pick them up .. illegals put me out of business..

JSCATTLE":ekc41sko said:
When I decided to hang it up as a concrete contractor / home builder if you wanted good help here in Texas you had to hire illegals.. we have so much industry here, I E . Chemical plants and refineries if a person can pass a drug test they work construction there.. scaffold builders are making 25 plus an hour .. I couldn't pay that pouring concrete.. not to mention you are bidding against illegals for jobs.. they don't have insurance, workman's comp. They don't pay taxes .. when I quit I had to charge 2 dollars a foot more than they did just to pay the extras . Until ice or border patrol clamps down and starts catching the illegals we are screwed.. all they have to do is go arrest them at their protest or sit at the gas stations and pick them up .. illegals put me out of business..

When you know a competitor is illegal. Pick up the phone and make some noise.

Every dent counts. I m not ready to surrender.

Seriously if they were breaking in your shop and stealing you would do something. Stealing is stealing. Part of the problem is people have excepted defeat.

JSCATTLE":ltpbbdzq said:

I agree. I needed some help and just couldn't find anyone willing to work and turned to the federal migrant worker office and they gave me some names of people who were looking for work. I hired them. Great workers, not dopers, family oriented, dependable but as it turned out everyone of them was illegal and caused a shyt storm of paperwork from the government.

I'm in the process of hiring now and am in a pinch because I'm only hiring legals but finding legals who can legally earn what I'm paying is hard because it messes with their gov't checks and they want cash. With the few I've been able to find, I've already had some quit before we've even got going good and local government fines me for each employee I hire whether they work all year or not. With one phone call all this would be solved but they would all be illegal.

If ICE and all these other alphabet agencies don't do their job I don't see why we don't just shut them down and drain the swamp because its obvious they don't care so why pay them?

hurleyjd":1nyyx1i8 said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7a244d57-24e8-3acb-9a51-52dd8ab7a063/ss_this-trump-voter-didn%26%2339%3Bt.html

No doubt have enough kids and you can get taken care of.
Me and my wife pay more than her and her entire brood. Wonder what other kinda .gov programs their on.

.gov and insurance should never be together

callmefence":1iq0y60p said:
Every dent counts. I m not ready to surrender.

Seriously if they were breaking in your shop and stealing you would do something. Stealing is stealing. Part of the problem is people have excepted defeat.
I understand where you are coming from but honestly money was so tight i couldn't afford to pay someone to do that . And I was working 16 hrs a day doing 3 people's job so I could stay in business I didn't hAve time .. it actually worked out better for me . I have great insurance 401 and a pension now that I didn't have back then . I can make more money in 12 hours of overtime than I could working 2 days pouring concrete without the stress or risk .. I will probably die sooner than I would have because I work in a chemical plant now but my kids will have an inheritance . I'm gonna try to die while still employed because my life insurance pays 10 times my annual salary..

Jo I agree on closing the programs and agencies that don't do their job.. there are many things that need to be changed . I've honestly lost hope in this country ever getting back to where it needs to be .

To change the subject slightly.
Last night I saw a clip of dj standing in front of two Christmas trees and behind a podium that merry Christmas. And he said merry Christmas......I thought that was kinda great

Making America great again. Makes a cute slogan. Going to be impossible with a service economy and so many Americans riding in the wagon and too few pulling it. Consider all the tired old azz seniors sitting in that wagon. Drawing on the government and no longer contributing. The American Dream has been replaced by the American Take Care of Me Until I Die Entitlement.

Woe to those who try to compete in a small business such as a concrete contractor, fence contractor, construction contractor, excavation contractor, etc. You have to be foolish or bullet proof to pursue such a dream.

It is time to call on a higher power. Someone who can put money in your pocket and a chicken in every pot:

25rdmat.jpg

Margonme":1ihcjxs9 said:
Making America great again. Makes a cute slogan. Going to be impossible with a service economy and so many Americans riding in the wagon and too few pulling it. Consider all the tired old azz seniors sitting in that wagon. Drawing on the government and no longer contributing. The American Dream has been replaced by the American Take Care of Me Until I Die Entitlement.

Woe to those who try to compete in a small business such as a concrete contractor, fence contractor, construction contractor, excavation contractor, etc. You have to be foolish or bullet proof to pursue such a dream.

Good points. It's the young kids really getting screwed. Most of the "Greatest Generation" (and the one after it) got/will get way more out than they put in.The very youngest baby boomers on down will get the short end....

JSCATTLE":gyqltd80 said:
b] I've honestly lost hope in this country ever getting back to where it needs to be [/b].

Ditto...

Margonme":gyqltd80 said:

I agree with much of that... I am also competing again illegals cutting trees and doing landscaping and tree removal however since I started doing excavation and such not many are in that market yet here. If the illegals ever get in that market im done as I can't compete with them. Here true story immigration came to one of the state buildings being built literally every laborer ran off because they were illegal and took a long time for them to find people to come back to complete the job that were legal.

True Grit Farms":2fbigzen said:
Some excellent cabinet choices for putting the country back to work.

Excellent choices for growing corporate profits - not necessarily for putting the country back to work - not that that's a bad thing. I'll bet none of them know how much a dozen eggs costs. I was hoping for something a little more grass roots than a cabinet full of billionaires who have never milked a cow or shingled a roof.

But what do I know....

Margonme":g8rivc7z said:

It is time to call on a higher power. Someone who can put money in your pocket and a chicken in every pot:

25rdmat.jpg

I tell you what Margo. I probably fall into the fool category. But you can search the archives of this forum and find hundreds of pics of my crews. Look close and I guarantee you won't find a single mescun. I built miles of fence by myself this summer due to lack of help. And I kinda enjoyed it.
We get along here and there. But to anyone who's given up. Or is scared to do their own work so they hire illegals. If want to say make American great again is a cute phrase. But there's no hope, then you are the pussifiction of America.
The greatest generation as we say . Came from the poorest of situations with the greatest of pride and kicked the shyt out a the rest of the world. Anybody who wants to cry we ain't got a chance, can go **** themselves.
Ain't shyt to me

callmefence":2o5l4v4s said:
Margonme":2o5l4v4s said:

25rdmat.jpg

I tell you what Margo. I probably fall into the fool category. But you can search the archives of this forum and find hundreds of pics of my crews. Look close and I guarantee you won't find a single mescun. I built miles of fence by myself this summer due to lack of help. And I kinda enjoyed it.
We get along here and there. But to anyone who's given up. Or is scared to do their own work so they hire illegals. If want to say make American great again is a cute phrase. But there's no hope, then you are the pussifiction of America.
The greatest generation as we say . Came from the poorest of situations with the greatest of pride and kicked the shyt out a the rest of the world. Anybody who wants to cry we ain't got a chance, can go be nice themselves.
Ain't shyt to me

After WWII, America became the industrial envy of the World. There was no huge senior population waiting for SS checks and Healthcare provided by the government. Over-head was low. Profits were enormous. Real profits, not Wall Street paper fabrications.

Americans still hold to the remnants of their romantic dreams. But the landscape is dramatically different. It is not about optimism or pessimism, the issue is the economic phase we are in now versus after WWII.

Politicians are the greatest fraud the world has ever seen and those in the good Ole USA are the cream of the crop. We survive on debt and Voodoo economics.

I m back to add. There is plenty of good American skill and labor. It's not hard to find men who enjoy manual work. Many build and fabricate as a hobby. But work a government or big company job because unless you own the business, there's not a living wage.
Just like Mexican cattle devalue American beef.
Mexican workers devalue Americans

angus9259":32d07sbz said:
True Grit Farms":32d07sbz said:
Some excellent cabinet choices for putting the country back to work.

Excellent choices for growing corporate profits - not necessarily for putting the country back to work - not that that's a bad thing. I'll bet none of them know how much a dozen eggs costs. I was hoping for something a little more grass roots than a cabinet full of billionaires who have never milked a cow or shingled a roof.

But what do I know....

I sure as he!! don't want cow milkers and roofers running the country.

Not too many Generals with a billion bucks by the way.

Latest posts