Making a Home out of a Steel Grain Bin

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I was sent an email on this that I thought was really really neat....I couldn't keep it to myself, so I thought I'd share...

Of course its something to actually think about when trying to find a way to make use of one of the bigger bins we have at home that we're finding is kinda hard to part with. :)

Pictures for proof: "Real Estate? Check out this little pad!"

Kitchen:
image0131.jpg

image0142.jpg

Bedroom:
image0153.jpg

Entry:
image0164.jpg

Bathroom:
image0175.jpg

image0186.jpg

"This place seems very modern, BUT…

Here's the innovative part...

This 1 bedroom loft "apartment" was built inside a grain silo:

image0197.jpg

image0208.jpg

image0219.jpg

image02210.jpg

This bin looks to be about the same size as our large bin....though a little rusted out on the roof. But my gosh, talk about country livin'! you won't have to do any shingling again! :banana:

We've got a couple of grain bins around here that have been converted into homes. Looks like it's pretty maintenance free on the outside.

Pretty cool. I wonder how it sounds inside during a hail storm?

That's awesome. I think dad would throw a fit if I did that to one of his. :lol:

That's really nice! I saw a few months back in one of the farm magazines, maybe Successful Farming, about how people up in the Dakotas and Montana are making homes out of the old wood grain elevators.

That is really unique, got to wonder how they ever came up with that idea. It would look better though if the bin was painted, but it is cute.

GMN

They should have left that porch off so the property tax folks wouldn't know what was there.

Latest posts