Making a creep feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

godgrace777

Reaction score
I only have one beef calf and I would like to put her and the cow back out into my field but as of right now there isn't a lot of grass out there so I would like to put a creep feeder out there for the calf. Does anyone have any ideas on how to bulid one? Thanks for reading.

Feed the mom well and the calf will grow fine. You only have two so if you gotta give some grain to both it will help both of them and wont break the bank. The feeder will cost more to build than extra feed for mom.

i built a trough(6ftx2ft).built 3 sides and over hang to prevent rain from blowing in. then put panels around it. built small opening so calves can pass thru but cows cant. probably any small pen that calf can pass thru would do to feed a couple of calves in. if i have several calves i have vto refill it daily.finaly decided they can eat more than i can afford.lol barry

Our cows over winter on stockpiled orchard grass and we usually plant a few rye pastures and feed grass hay.
We have feeding barns avaliabe that arent being used and always have plenty of hay left over.
Would retaining some steers and adding weight with hay and grain over the winter increase our profits We are in central NC. We were thinking of keeping all of our steers and buying enough to have a load

I don't know if you have a barn or not. I built one in the corner of the barn out of a section scaffold. Put it across corner and welded to it to make openings then mounted a feeder to back corner. Works great. :tiphat: B&G

Latest posts