Make $ off the internet?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef08

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make money off the internet? Or has anyone been successful at finding a way to make some extra cash off of the internet somehow? I know I ask some weird random questions, but ya'll will just have to forgive me..

Sell trash on E-Bay. Seems people will buy anything there. Got a friend who picks up old bottles and sells them there. Never thought about it but he must be making some money cause he's always hitting me up to where old dump sites are.

There are people who have real jobs doing customer service, setting up appointments, insurance claims and that sort of thing, on computers from their homes. I think it looks pretty neat, although I have never checked into it. You have to be careful of scam artists on the internet though. Once you express interest in working like that, the cons will come out of the woodwork. Mostly pyramid schemes. Just be careful. I should think that selling stuff on ebay or craigs list is a good way to make some extra money. Last time I looked, there was a fair amout of agricultural products on craigs list. Looks like a good way to move stuff.

Most of the "work at home" offers are scams. Problem with data entry at home is that there are a zillion people in India who will do it for a fraction of what you would.

M Gravlee":2ph9kgfr said:
Most of the "work at home" offers are scams. Problem with data entry at home is that there are a zillion people in India who will do it for a fraction of what you would.

Ain't THAT the truth Macon, et. al.!

For us, we have a "Store" on our website and sell a variety of products off it. We accept credit cards. Also, we have an E-Bay store for miscellaneous items. It has worked for us, plus it generates other customer contacts for us. FWIW, about 75% of our Longhorn Cattle sales are the result of our website presence. And, we have a "real" website, not one of those freebies cluttered with other advs. :)

The internet can help you make money, but it is not something that is going to make money for you. So many scams, so many pyramids (mlm), so much hype.

The internet can help make money if you:
Have a good website with products/services to sell
Know how to write code and can sell website services
Have products to sell on ebay or such
Have enough hits on a site for Google AdSense to pay off

The only ways I know to "get rich quick" will land you in a small room in the big house... :drink:

Why not a site that sells a way to make money on the internet. When you get the money you tell them to start a site that sells a way to make money on the internet.

One thing you could do is to create a nonprofit organization that will defend the environment against the evil doers of the world. You could make an issue out of anything from the plight of the harp seals to the demise of the panda population in Texas. Internet is a wonderful tool for distributing such infomation. The key is to pick something that is cute and cuddly. Something that will pull your heartstrings. Take the baby harp seal for instance. Its nice and cuddly looking. Got those big trusting eyes. Everybody has got to love them unless of course they are evil people who don't care about the environment and you don't want their blood money anyway.

From here, you could get some of your friends to pose as commercial hunters and record blood sport on a digital camera of the kill and post it on your site to verify the ligitimacy of your request for help. You definitely don't want to use the actual biological data showing the numbers have increased and only fell after a fishing treaty had expired - mainly due to starvation. You will need to find a biologist who you will provide you with the numbers you need - or even just make the data up - it would be cheaper. Afterall, if anyone argues with your numbers you can just accuse them of being part of the grand conspiracy and you don't want their blood money anyway.

If you could get a singer or an actor to sober up long enough to pitch you a commercial you would really be in good shape. Of course if you can't get one of these you could probably pick up a vice-president for lack of anything better.

The key here is to be nonprofit. Nonprofit organizations imply ligitimacy. Afterall, nonprofit organizations don't make any money. You will just be doing this out of the goodness of your heart. The $200,000 a year salary you take is peanuts in relation to the good you are doing. Afterall, anyone wanting your children to go hungry and wear rags is just heartless and you don't care for their money either.

Oh, someone already beat you to the harp seal deal so you best find something else. Grey Wolves maybe? Don't mess with carbon sequestering cause I don't want the competition. Wanna buy some carbon credits? ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Heard a story about a guy who put an add in the newspaper. "How to get rich. Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and $5 for instructions." When he mailed the instructions back they read,"Put an add in the newspaper like I did."

Cal

Jogeephus":6z59x20b said:
The key here is to be nonprofit. Nonprofit organizations imply ligitimacy. Afterall, nonprofit organizations don't make any money.

Or, you could just do like some of the people in our area have done. Open a church.......

grannysoo":14u87e1b said:
Jogeephus":14u87e1b said:
The key here is to be nonprofit. Nonprofit organizations imply ligitimacy. Afterall, nonprofit organizations don't make any money.

Or, you could just do like some of the people in our area have done. Open a church.......

I'm afraid I busted a gut on that one. :lol2: :lol2: You hit home with that one! That is soooooo true here. Seems if somebody makes one wrong remark someone will break away from the church and start their own. Usually leads to them quiting their job as well so they can answer their calling full time. We have a minority church a few miles from here that owns and operates a pretty big watermellon operation. The church is also in the logging business and owns some car washes too. "The church", bought a piece of logging equipment from a friend of mine and they dumped over $100,000 in cash on his desk. Go figure.

Horticattleman":14h3qzke said:
Easy for them to get out of taxes. Thats why we have so many 'reverends.' I thought the real term was "Money Laundering!"

Yeah, the people I'm referring to really do know how to work the system. Funny thing is the "church" is mainly made up of family members. Of course I doubt any career-minded revenue man would be foolish enough to call foul on this since two R-Cards could easily be played. Of course they just busted another "family church" here last year for cocaine distribution. They found a pile of cash in the ceiling above the pulpit that no one knew anything about. As for the 5 pound of coke, their fingerprints sealed their fate on that one. :roll:

It's a sad thing to say but there are more so called preachers than we think that's just in it for the money.

Had an Aunt "bless her hart," that her social security check was her total income. I think she gave half of it to Jimmy and Tammy Baker.

Cal