Maine/Maine X bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

showkid1200

Reaction score
Okay i'm looking to breed my first heifer, it will be her first calf so i'm looking for a bull that is easy calving preferably maine/ maine x anyone know of some good ones besides the usual like WMW, almost famous, about time etc. I was looking at a bull called Cherry Bomb?

We bred a Maine heifer to a 1/2 Maine and 1/2 Angus bull named KF Caesar. He was owned by Purvine Farms in Oklahoma. You can do a Google search and find some info that way. The owner Chet Purvine was good to answer my emails.

Also, TLM Bouncer is 3/4 Maine and 1/4 Angus. He is owned by Truline Maines. They have a web site.

Both are proven calving ease bulls.

cowboy13":2ghm5axq said:
I would stay away from Cherry Bomb, haven't heard too many good things about him. Check Lautner's site, he has some nice calving ease bulls.
Cowboy13 - The critical factor here, I think, is whether you KNOW of any negative characteristics regarding Cherry Bomb - or any other Bull for that matter - not that you "haven't heard too many good things about him". It would be tantamount to "starting rumors" that are unfounded in fact, and as a result unwittingly damage a producer's business, and cast aspersions on possibly a very capable and qualified sire. If you have verified information which is of a questionable nature, by all means make it public in specifics - not inuendos. You may receive a "How do you do!" from the owner's Attorney!

Just something to think about. I feel that it is not a good idea to leave a question in the reader's minds just "hanging there" in space!

DOC HARRIS

showkid1200":32wve519 said:
Okay i'm looking to breed my first heifer, it will be her first calf so i'm looking for a bull that is easy calving preferably maine/ maine x anyone know of some good ones besides the usual like WMW, almost famous, about time etc. I was looking at a bull called Cherry Bomb?

"Ali" is the bull of choice for me. His easy calving and quality are well established. Have saw some really nice heifers, bulls and Steers out of him. We used him on a few heifers and they spit right out and pretty nice looking calves out of fairly average heifers. Lots of people are using him on their older cows also.

Latest posts