maine-anjou???

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

maines are very popular during show season and i plan on showing one but would maines be good to breed into a herd of cows and if so what characteristics would make their calves worth the while if at all

[email protected]

Maines vary alot from stud to stud. If you are serious i wouldn't use maines because they are late developers in terms of weight gain. BUT they will put mothering ability both maternal instincts and milk into you're herd. also their temperment is hard to beat.They are best to be put over an animal with good weight gain.

[email protected]

I have 2 purebred maine cows and 3 half blood heifers.I have been very pleased with the cows.My heifers are 1/2 maine and 1/2 simmental. The only draw back that I can see is spots. I also have a young 1/2 blood bull that is out the maine and a limo. He is a solid red. I`m breeding the heifers to an angus to get black. I really like the way these cows breed back.

[email protected]

My husband and I are older but we find we can walk anywhere in our pastures without fear. The disposition of the Maines lets us give them better care. Most of them we can walk up to and do hands-on checks for problems.

[email protected]

Latest posts