maine anjou french style

Help Support CattleToday:

whenever I look at breeders of maine anjou cattle in America they seem to have photos of shampood and poofed up black calves :lol: these cattle look more like done up poodles-(club calves) then something you would have producing beef, I think the fullbloods look good ,but they may have some calving dificulties with that muscle :( . I have seen alot worse maine anjou cattle especially in the US where they say " this is the best maine bull in the industrie" :idea: the bull has % chimaine/angus???? how is it a maine? there is a breeder in australia now who has black blonde A,quitaines go figure :shock: ;-)

heifer_fitter":bc3ydlvk said:
TheBullLady":bc3ydlvk said:
And check out that BUTT! All the Maine's you see now (primarily in the show ring) are flat butted.

Now thats a new one... either you show angus or you show belgian blues... I personally invite you to our ranch to come see 100 maine cows that have anything but flat butts. Not sure what shows you're going to but if its winning it has muscle and a caboose to back it up.

heifer-fitter do you have black maines???

I used to have a few full bloods but they just aren't practical here. Hybrid vigor and show ring appeal usually beats them out. Most of my maines are black but some are red. That one picture that was posted of a maine heifer is not so hot, she is not of the quality that most maine producers are striving for. I don't know why she's being used as a representation of our breed. There are plenty of foundation full bloods that are higher quality and there is a need for them, we need to maintain a "pure" seedstock in our breed. As to the comment about a maine bull carrying other bloodlines of angus and chi... since when is that a problem? By introducing other genetics into our herds we can increase the value and quality of our animals while still maintaining the characteristics that we so desire. I challenge you to find a "pure" animal, when today angus x angus matings are throwing blazed face claves. The fact of the matter is that a breed is just a group of animals that have been selected consistantly for several generations for certain traits. After all, they all started from the same Bos Taurus, Bos Indicus or Auroch any way... The Maine-Anjou breed is relitivly new to the United states but look at the impact they have made. No matter what state you're in, even if there are only four maines at a show, they're usually all competitive. I forsee the maine breed to taking their showring and pasture successes and charging forth into the feeding industry even more.

teletigger":5wh1w9r2 said:
Dairy x ET. It's the topknot with antennae that gives it away :D
regards

LOL Now I may still be a newbie, but even I know that a topknot with antennae does NOT a dairy cross make. ;-)

Doc's guess was the closest.... This gal's sire was a registered Hereford, and her dam was a Beefmaster (now ya know where the those ears come from. <g>) She has been bred AI to a black Angus, and is expectiing her first calf sometime around New Year's Day.

T

Latest posts