Main Stream Media

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I have been watching Fox News for the last month because they presented the facts more accurately with both sides views, when I first started watching i thought WHOW what pretty newscasters then I realized these blonds have some brains and really express themselfs and stand up for there beliefs. I was really disappointed yesterday with Main Stream Media with the way they reported on the Tea Parties. I can now see why Americans are so mis-informed if all they watch is Main Stream without getting views from both sides. What do you think?

I don't watch news anymore. I seldom read newspapers. I get most of my news off the internet and try, try, try to get different viewpoints in order to formulate my opinions. It's just a lot of blah blah blah anyway. All media is slanted to the political views of whoever owns that particular media company.

There is no such thing as balanced news. The best you can hope for is finding something that tells you what you want to hear.

Lammie":19uhz10o said:
I don't watch news anymore. I seldom read newspapers. I get most of my news off the internet and try, try, try to get different viewpoints in order to formulate my opinions. It's just a lot of blah blah blah anyway. All media is slanted to the political views of whoever owns that particular media company.

There is no such thing as balanced news. The best you can hope for is finding something that tells you what you want to hear.

I'm real curious where your getting your news from the internet. The internet is getting news from reporters. That equals the major networks, AP, or NPR. I've never heard a reporter from yahoo or google ask President Obama a question. Your bloggers are just repackaging.

Walt

Txwalt":27wgcnp1 said:
Lammie":27wgcnp1 said:

I'm real curious where your getting your news from the internet. The internet is getting news from reporters. That equals the major networks, AP, or NPR. I've never heard a reporter from yahoo or google ask President Obama a question. Your bloggers are just repackaging.

Walt

I just log on to the local news outlets here. I don't like to watch televised news. Too much happy talk. I can find the news I want without the sports, special interest stories and commercials. Mainly, I am interested in the weather and local stuff. It's just easier to sort through the fluff.

I think that it's a job requirement at Fox for the women to be good looking. We refer to Fox as the "legs" channel. They love them tanned, oiled legs on the newscasters.

Can't say that I blame them!

Fox is the only news channel that doesn't make me want to puke...

grannysoo":1q79pdd9 said:

I agree but it is liberal too.

Big Cities house the news. Look at how all the big cities voted over the last two decades.

backhoeboogie":cgg8d15e said:
grannysoo":cgg8d15e said:

I agree but it is liberal too.

Big Cities house the news. Look at how all the big cities voted over the last two decades.

I know what you mean, but I don't know that "liberal" is the correct word. My opinion is that they are there to keep the "status quo" intact. The "opposing voice" that is not in the mainstream. I do believe that they are there to help keep the sheeple in line......

Just dont' confuse news with scheduled programming like The O'Reilly Factor, Hannity and Greta. I enjoy them but they are now news shows. More like the radio talk shows. Shepherd Smith does a good job with the news tho.

If we all did as Lammie does, the media would not longer receive any advertising revenue. What a concept :D

Latest posts