Mahindra Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
We are considering buying a small Mahindra tractor with a front end loader. Does anyone know anything about these tractors?

Don't have or know of anyone with a Mahindra tractor, but... have another type like it, a Shangdo(sp) 2 cycl -China made .
Have treated it rough. Parts were easy to get until the dealer closed after 10 years.
Paint has pealed or faded, grease fittings are hard to come by locally.Noise level is a bit higher. Leaks are pretty common, but keeps it nice and shinny.
Have found two web sites who claim to get any part I need.
Price was several 1000 less than the green color or blue .
Just a plain tractor, no bells etc.
Would I buy one again for the same reasons. Sure.
Heard this wild rumor that when NewHoland bought the Ford tractor line(small tractors) that they were going to be made in China. True or False?
Have you ever heard of a parts guy lie before? Oh my.
Hopes this helps some........

Neighbor has one, can't remember the model number but it is about 60 hp two wheel drive. Has had it a couple years with about 350 hours on it. He loves it and has not had any problems. Also see several crews that mow highway right aways using them here too.

txshowmom":3k58s95q said:
We are considering buying a small Mahindra tractor with a front end loader. Does anyone know anything about these tractors?
Have heard they are very well built. The castings are very durable and don't break like some of the other economy tractors. There are getting to be quite a few dealers scattered around so parts availability should just keep getting better. I am not sure where their U.S. parts warehouses are so am not sure on how many days to get parts not in dealer stock.

txshowmom":mn2rl47t said:

i have a 60 horse 4wd that is just over a year old.. no complaints.

to keep it in perspective.. all i have driven prior to this new tractor are old worn out ones.. so any new tractor would have seemed great.

i have a neighbor with a 50 horse or so john deere, 2 wd.. the 4wd mahindra is much more tractor that it is. cost less too.

good luck

jt

I have a 60hp 2wd, bought it in January and have almost 200 hours on it now. Absolutely a solid tractor. Zero problems and dealer support is great if I need any warranty work.

At the time of my purchase, they were runnin a 3 year, 0% interest deal. Not sure if that still applies. It also has a 3 year warranty.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with it.

Chuck

Im sure there a great tractor , theres a Kubota dealer that sales them around here. I had a farmer tell me one time that you better off to stick with a name of tractor thats been around like the biggies like John Deere, and New Holland and Massey Fergusons, just because you never know when one of those smaller companies might go out of buisness or go bankrupt and youll never be able to get parts. But I dont know, they be a big company, theye owned by one of the biggies for all I know. Ive looked at Mahindras and Kiotis and the ones that Northern Tool Supply sales, but in my own opinion, Id rather just spend a little more money and buy something that you know and can depend on.

txshowmom":631pupud said:
I purchased a Mahindra 5500 w/frontend loader last year, and have had no regets. cut hay with it and a vermeer 6020 disk cutter, bale with a Heston 5530 (1meter x 5ft bale) disk with an "old" JD tandam disk, move 2 large bales at a time and stack them 2high with no problems. Have a hard time getting use to the two position clutch. Billstractor.com has further info :D

Latest posts