Mahindra Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmer Z

Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a tractor (50 hp range). We have a reputable Mahindra dealer in town and his customers speak highly of these Indian made tractors. I like the 6025 model with the front end loader...can get it for around 18K. It's a 59 engine /49 pto hp tractor. Fit and finish are very nice...components look good. It appears to be a solid machine. I've had a Long 2510 for 11 years and am quite comfortable with most maintenance so I don't have to have a "Cadillac". Interestingly, I visited the local JD dealer and noticed a "Made in India" plate on the housing of the 5000 series. That ain't nowhere near Moline. Still, prices were higher for the JD (of course). I really need to hear from folks that are familiar with the Mahindra. All I'm hearing around here are the good things. I just can't see paying the premium for the JD, Kubota, Case, etc. Yes, I'm cheap. :lol: :lol:

Not cheap but Kioti is really getting popular here. The 65 HP is the most popular as it has the A4236 Perkins diesel the same as Masseys ran for years. I don't care for any of the new model tractors as they are all to short coupled for my liking. It is all about fitting the shipping container no matter what the HP.
I don't know of anyone running a Mahindra everything around here is JD, Massey, Kubota or Kioti.
Then again that is what the local dealers carry and that is the most important thing is having a dealer with parts available because they all break down sooner or later.
One of the dealers here started carrying a line called Montana this year.

The mahindra tractors are made on the IH pattens. Parts from the 515,615 and ect will fit those tractors. I know my friend has a mahindra is happy with it. We were camparing the old IH with his.

CB; JB Hunt was importing those Montana tractor in our area he had about 10 acres of them. They were in crates and steel wheels on them. Had a shop putting loaders and the rubber tires and wheel back on them. After his death they have slowed down. Dealers will not take a used one in on trade around here.

Farmer Z":1436q0rn said:
I've been shopping around for a tractor (50 hp range). We have a reputable Mahindra dealer in town and his customers speak highly of these Indian made tractors. I like the 6025 model with the front end loader...can get it for around 18K. It's a 59 engine /49 pto hp tractor. Fit and finish are very nice...components look good. It appears to be a solid machine. I've had a Long 2510 for 11 years and am quite comfortable with most maintenance so I don't have to have a "Cadillac". Interestingly, I visited the local JD dealer and noticed a "Made in India" plate on the housing of the 5000 series. That ain't nowhere near Moline. Still, prices were higher for the JD (of course). I really need to hear from folks that are familiar with the Mahindra. All I'm hearing around here are the good things. I just can't see paying the premium for the JD, Kubota, Case, etc. Yes, I'm cheap. :lol: :lol:

It is made in India.....Mahindra made IH for ages..had one for 5 years and never had a minutes trouble with it. Cranked everytime, very strong hydraulics, and very dependable. It was only 45 hp but would handle big rolls of hay well if you left the shredder on the back. Tractor, shredder and loader were something like $16,500.00 total. That was 6 years ago. Thought I got an excellent trade in for it as well.

Angus/Brangus":2yhgjgid said:
TexasBred":2yhgjgid said:
Farmer Z":2yhgjgid said:

It is made in India.....Mahindra made IH for ages..had one for 5 years and never had a minutes trouble with it. Cranked everytime, very strong hydraulics, and very dependable. It was only 45 hp but would handle big rolls of hay well if you left the shredder on the back. Tractor, shredder and loader were something like $16,500.00 total. That was 6 years ago. Thought I got an excellent trade in for it as well.

TB - you need to explain how in the heck to bale round bales with a shredder on back. Something aint right kimmsabe!

Angus/brangus, I think he's talking about transporting rolls on the frt. end loader. ;-)

Angus....not even Aggie engineering would take care of that shredder/baler mismatch...I meant it would handle large round bales from the barn to the hayring. Never hooked that one up to a baler.

Latest posts