MAHINDRA 6525

Help Support CattleToday:

Massey135

Reaction score
I have a relative who's considering buying a new mahindra 6525. Does anyone have ant reviews about this tractor? It's a 52 pto HP tractor w/loader. Iv never even seen one in person - any opinions on mahindra in general and this model specifically?

Massey135":1xq35ntf said:
I have a relative who's considering buying a new mahindra 6525. Does anyone have ant reviews about this tractor? It's a 52 pto HP tractor w/loader. Iv never even seen one in person - any opinions on mahindra in general and this model specifically?
Massey I use to have a smaller Mahindra (45 hp).....tough as nails and did all I wanted it to do. Very good hydraulics...rode a bit rough tho. Usually priced considerably less than the green machines. I wsa told that Mahindra made IH for many many years.

That's what I'm hearing TB that IH is behind the scene. Its a brand new 60hp tractor for around 20k. When you look at the bigger names you'll see this is considerably less than their comparable models. This is why Im a bit skeptical. Thats being said, Mahindra may make as good a product, they just dont' have the name?? I know Mahindra wanted an additional 14k for the cab version. wow. I told him (relative) I didn't know much about them but would ask on where I might get some feedback-

I do know they are made in India and claim to be the largest tractor manufacter in the world. I don't think they hold there value real well. All Tractors like 60 hp or less are made in India even John Deere, it is true they used to make the small IH tractors. I was looking at them bout a year ago but I found JD 5205 used,I love it. I would make sure there was a dealer fairly close. The loaders on them seem to be made real well. :2cents:

The savings are lost at resell/trade in time. The same 20,000 spent on a good used name brand tractor, would be a better investment in the long haul.

I worked for a Mahindra dealer in college and we had several around the we used. We had a 6000 series with loader and a fork lift deal on the 3pt. It was a great little tractor and I really enjoyed it. Not sure what has been changed but that one was a pleasure to use.

Bigfoot":1t99lfn8 said:
The savings are lost at resell/trade in time. The same 20,000 spent on a good used name brand tractor, would be a better investment in the long haul.

The tractor would likely never be traded in- couple hundred hrs a year maybe. Mowing, some plowing 40-50 acre type deal, and feeding hay would be the extent of the use- Maybe the occasional dirt work. Is their a better bang for the buck in this scenario?

You may not plan on having to sell or trade but you never know what the future holds.

Neighbor just bought a new Mahindra, 8560??? but not sure. I moved it out of the shopo and fixed a loose hyd line on it. Seems heavy built but crude to me. Little things like the light wires under the fenders hanging down for stuff to hamg on. He seems to like it and thats all that matters.

Buy what ou like, you have to live with it. A few thousand spread over the life of a tractor is not all that bad. He saved 4 or 5 thousand over some of the name brands but he owns a NH, JD and Kubota in newer tractors.

Bigfoot":21ds8qot said:
Name brand?? Mahindra is a name brand. When I sold my 45 hp Mahindra 4 years latter it sold for almost what I gave for it new. (That was before Obama).

I have a Mahindra 6000 and it does everything I need it to do - move round bales, bush hog and disc the garden. I went with it over the more popular name brands, b/c it was heavier and had more lift capacity than comparable models and was cheaper. The castings are very beefy and it has plenty of power - my only complaint is the fit and finish could use work. The transmission and PTO neutral safety switches are in locations where they can easily snag and some of the other work light wires are kinda exposed. I would not let that deter you and hopefully the newer models have gotten better in that regard.

Probably a good tractor but. I have a JD 3020 built in 64, a 1020 built in 71, a MF 35 built in 60, and a Ford 7000 bought in 71.
And parts are readily available for all of them. And my boys will be using them when I'am gone.