Mahindra 5570?

Help Support CattleToday:

Cress27

Reaction score
I'm looking for a small tractor for feeding round bales and raking hay and staking hay in the barns. The tractor is a 5570 mahindra 4wd loader with a little over 400 hours open station with a canopy for 22,500. Mahindra is not a popular brand around my area but there is a dealer close. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this particular model or know anyone who dose. It will not have a very hard life other than feeding bales. I'm on a budget where I'm just getting started and looking for a tractor that will last.

Keep looking. We had a local dealer here and another not far off. The three Mahindra tractors I know around me are shop queens. They can have deep problems even new.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a small tractor for feeding round bales and raking hay and staking hay in the barns. The tractor is a 5570 mahindra 4wd loader with a little over 400 hours open station with a canopy for 22,500. Mahindra is not a popular brand around my area but there is a dealer close. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this particular model or know anyone who dose. It will not have a very hard life other than feeding bales. I'm on a budget where I'm just getting started and looking for a tractor that will last.
Better to stick to new Holland Kubota John Deere Massey Ferguson case if you are going to spend a substantial amount of $

I can't speak on reliably but I've used that exact tractor on a limited basis.
A customer we deliver hay to every couple weeks has one and I most often unload using it. Sometimes some very heavy milo bales. It's certainly adequate for the job. Seems to be comfortable and have good power with the exception that the roll back on the fel seems kinda weak.
This seems to be somewhat of a trend on lots of newer tractors and skidsteers. I think it's probably engineerd to keep people from tearing them up with to much breakout power.

Ok I've got another question about some tractors I'm interested in. I've found a 2955 2wd loader with 8,000 hours 280 hours in rebuild engine for 24,000. A 3255 4wd loader with 8,000 hours new engine rebuild last year and high low rebuild come with cab kit for 28,000. And the last one is a 7410 John Deere with 9,000 hours loader 4wd for 38,000. I'm not looking to buy junk or something I have to work on all the time. All these tractors will be used to pull a 535 roller and 9 foot mower conditioner. And a 15 foot batwing and will be the feed tractor in the winter.

Ok I've got another question about some tractors I'm interested in. I've found a 2955 2wd loader with 8,000 hours 280 hours in rebuild engine for 24,000. A 3255 4wd loader with 8,000 hours new engine rebuild last year and high low rebuild come with cab kit for 28,000. And the last one is a 7410 John Deere with 9,000 hours loader 4wd for 38,000. I'm not looking to buy junk or something I have to work on all the time. All these tractors will be used to pull a 535 roller and 9 foot mower conditioner. And a 15 foot batwing and will be the feed tractor in the winter.
I will leave it to others to answer about dependability and price, but, if it is going to also act as a winter feeding tractor, I would not want anything that is not a 4wd.

You have went from a small 60hp PTO low hours 2wd Mahindra to tractors 90-100 hp rebuilt with higher hours. Something you always say is you are not wanting junk or something to work on all the time. Your price range sounds like around 25-30k and for the equipment listed above at least 75 hp will be needed. Not saying they are not alright, but me personally a tractor with 8000+ hours rebuilt I would avoid unless you are a die hard fan of that tractor along with make and model. I know it is hard to find a nice used tractor as they are getting harder to find and price keeps going up.

You might also check marketplace, craigslist, Ebay, auctiontime and others to try and find a tractor. Some of those you buy from an individual and maybe get first hand information..

I will leave it to others to answer about dependability and price, but, if it is going to also act as a winter feeding tractor, I would not want anything that is not a 4wd.
That's what I was thinking. I don't know nothing about the 3255 never even seen one in this area. Witch kinda scares me. And the 7410 I know has a reputation of being a good tractor I know of one that has close to 20k hours on it and has not had a easy life. And still doesn't live an easy life. But that's a lot of money for a 9000 hour tractor no matter what it's known for.

You have went from a small 60hp PTO low hours 2wd Mahindra to tractors 90-100 hp rebuilt with higher hours. Something you always say is you are not wanting junk or something to work on all the time. Your price range sounds like around 25-30k and for the equipment listed above at least 75 hp will be needed. Not saying they are not alright, but me personally a tractor with 8000+ hours rebuilt I would avoid unless you are a die hard fan of that tractor along with make and model. I know it is hard to find a nice used tractor as they are getting harder to find and price keeps going up.

You might also check marketplace, craigslist, Ebay, auctiontime and others to try and find a tractor. Some of those you buy from an individual and maybe get first hand information..
I figured someone would say someing like that. My plan was to find a cheap hp tractor like an old AC or white for doing the heavy jobs like baling and pulling the bat wing and the mahindra would be a rake and bale mover. But I've got a small tractor that I own already I'll have to put a little money in it but I own it and will need a big tractor wit a loader. And like mentioned it's all most a must to have 4wd anymore. All I know is **** ant cheap. And it ant cheap to work on.

Do you really need a tractor? It sounds like you could buy a fancy bale bed for much cheaper. You could hire out the baling and mowing. I just don't see how it makes sense to buy all that equipment unless you have a baling or mowing business.

I figured someone would say someing like that. My plan was to find a cheap hp tractor like an old AC or white for doing the heavy jobs like baling and pulling the bat wing and the mahindra would be a rake and bale mover. But I've got a small tractor that I own already I'll have to put a little money in it but I own it and will need a big tractor wit a loader. And like mentioned it's all most a must to have 4wd anymore. All I know is **** ant cheap. And it ant cheap to work on.
Here is one not far from you with a lot of watchers (49 as it want last long).... The tractor has knee deep rubber and a known good model tractor. The FWD is not working, but for that price if everything else checks out some cheap HP. Those FWD systems can get expensive to repair though. I checked Ebay, facebook, craiglists and auctiontime for your area and this is about as good as I found as of now.

Last edited:
We have 3 JD tractors. Newer 5100, much older 4320 and a 3038 for pens and other confined areas. A few years ago prior to the 3038 purchase we decided to try a Mahindra and purchased a 4550 4x4. Very basic tractor. Manual transmission exposed cab etc. we did put a 3rd function for a grapple on the FEL. So basically a small sized work tractor that was basically used for clean up and shredding.

We haven't had any dependability issues with the Magindra but then it is very seldom used. I absolutely hate operating this thing. I feel like a puppet on strings trying to operate it. Guess I have become spoiled with all the green luxury items. Requires both hands and both legs to operate and after a full day of clearing brush or pen cleaning I am worn out. But then I am 61 and not quite in the shape I was a few years back. Lol

The funny part is that it actually caused us to spend more money than if we had bought a new green tractor. Because after a couple years of cussing the 4550 we went and bought the JD 3038 that will work circles around the Mahindra. That is when working in close quarters. The 4550 is stronger than the 3038 but if I need more HP and lifting ability I go get on the 5100.

I know apples to oranges and if we had bought a Mahindra with hydro transmission with all the usual JD options we may have actually liked the Mahindra.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts