Made my fourth move.

Help Support CattleToday:

southernultrablack

Reaction score
So this stockpiled grazing seems to be doing ok. Made the fourth move yesterday. It takes a little getting use to on watching cow condition, some look a little thin, some seem to be gaining. But I haven't put out any hay for them in over two weeks now.

If you posted this else were, or this is TMI I apologize, but how many head, how many acres? How long is it going to last?

Bigfoot":1vqeeksp said:
If you posted this else were, or this is TMI I apologize, but how many head, how many acres? How long is it going to last?
No problem at all BF.
15 head total on about 28-30 acres. I am into my third week and anticipate at least 5-7 weeks total grazing time.I have been moving the wire once a week, and might could have had a little better utilization if I had.

southernultrablack":2l6x9g1r said:
Bigfoot":2l6x9g1r said:
No problem at all BF.
15 head total on about 28-30 acres. I am into my third week and anticipate at least 5-7 weeks total grazing time.I have been moving the wire once a week, and might could have had a little better utilization if I had.
Sure beats getting in the mud don't it. It's a chore but the more offer you move the wire and give them less area the better the utilization. But with work I usually move every 5 to 6 days. I have enough to last 3 more weeks at least. On froze or dry days I unroll a roll to give them a change.

kenny thomas":31b1pllp said:
southernultrablack":31b1pllp said:
Bigfoot":31b1pllp said:
No problem at all BF.
Sure beats getting in the mud don't it. It's a chore but the more offer you move the wire and give them less area the better the utilization. But with work I usually move every 5 to 6 days. I have enough to last 3 more weeks at least. On froze or dry days I unroll a roll to give them a change.
It absolutely beats tractor time in the mud/rain/cold.

southernultrablack":1bbki1gl said:
Bigfoot":1bbki1gl said:
No problem at all BF.

What were the summer grazing conditions on this field, and how long was it allowed to rest? At my current stocking rate, I couldn't set a side that much land on a per head basis.

Bigfoot":2fv8321m said:
southernultrablack":2fv8321m said:
Bigfoot":2fv8321m said:
No problem at all BF.

What were the summer grazing conditions on this field, and how long was it allowed to rest? At my current stocking rate, I couldn't set a side that much land on a per head basis.
It was a new farm that I picked up and hadn't been grazed. It had lots of briars on it and we just Bush hogged it down in early/mid July. No fertilizer was applied, but I did spray with Remedy in September.

southernultrablack":16sf7ge1 said:
Bigfoot":16sf7ge1 said:
southernultrablack":16sf7ge1 said:
No problem at all BF.

It was a new farm that I picked up and hadn't been grazed. It had lots of briars on it and we just Bush hogged it down in early/mid July. No fertilizer was applied, but I did spray with Remedy in September.

Thanks. Like most people, I stockpile what I can, but I don't strip graze it. I definitely see the benefits, it just wouldn't last me too terribly long either way.

Bigfoot":3e8zg39v said:
southernultrablack":3e8zg39v said:
Bigfoot":3e8zg39v said:

Thanks. Like most people, I stockpile what I can, but I don't strip graze it. I definitely see the benefits, it just wouldn't last me too terribly long either way.
Yes sir! Anytime

Latest posts