Made me proud...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
My son will officially be a teenager this year so we have started talking about vehicles and stuff. Yesterday evening we were eating dinner with my parents and he told us he wants and old truck. He said... "if you lose electricity with these new cars or that screen messes up you are screwed... can't roll the windows down... no ac... nothing..."

It's a slightly flawed theory but I like the way his mind was working. Gave us a good chance to discuss the pros and cons of technology.

There might be hope...

Sounds good but what's his view on the price aspect of things?

Sounds fun. I notice on my 2014 F250 that the electric window control will raise or lower the window one time after the ignition switch is shut off. The vehicles I have owned in the past, did not have that option.

ez14.":6y59wadx said:
Sounds good but what's his view on the price aspect of things?

He's just now really starting associate his time with money but he is naturally very conservative with money. He has a really good grasp of the difference between a need and a want. He likes saving his money and watching it accumulate more than buying toys or what not.

We discuss the theories behind buying items that are the best value.. not cheapest or most expensive. His grasp of that is some what limited on that at this point. Some of that he is going to have to learn from experience IMO.

Latest posts