Made in America

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Hubby went out this afternoon to get himself a new Chainsaw, as his one had ceased up never to go again. He looked at quite a few and came home with the one he thought he liked the best. I checked it out and everything was there suprise, suprise, as most things you buy have something missing and it's a trip back to the store. And when looking I noticed where it was made thinking China no dought, AND quess what? it was 'Made in America' Oregon, yeah!. That is also the name of the make of machine.
Then I thought do you have things that say 'Made in Britain' as we can't find any here.

Didn;t know Oregon made chainsaws. They make chains and bars and all of the cutting stuff (and safety equipment) but never heard of an Oregon chainsaw.

I have a couple of things made in Britain. Sure didn't think we manufactured anything much here though.

probably made by poulan, if so dont turn that sum bit#@ off.. let it run year round, you'll never restart it :cowboy:

dun":wr9mzrf4 said:
Didn;t know Oregon made chainsaws. They make chains and bars and all of the cutting stuff (and safety equipment) but never heard of an Oregon chainsaw.

I'm have never heard of an Oregon saw either, like you said they have great bars and accessories but I have never heard of them making saws.... wonder who makes it for them....Stihl? Does it have "Oregon" on just the bar and some other brand on the motor?

To answer your question I do not recall seeing anything made in Britain other than candy maybe.

Alan

alacattleman":r10ru819 said:
probably made by poulan, if so dont turn that sum bit#@ off.. let it run year round, you'll never restart it :cowboy:

Ain't that the truth! LOL!

In past I've had Poulan (aka Sears, etc.) chainsaw, and riding lawn mowers...piece of sheet. Keep them running year around..lol. Easy to repair, and repair, and repair... I think they are considered to be "disposable products"...

Several years ago I went with Stihl chainsaw and weedeater...still running...like the Everready Bunny... This year I dumped my last remaining Poulan mower for a John Deere...finally got wise...

:cowboy:

It said on the box for export only. And it has been turned on and off a countless number of times this afternoon and took down two trees in minutes. He seems pleased with it so far, + it has a years guarantee, If my Son hadn't took the saw to the box and shreeded it I would have taken a photo and posted. on the manual it only has the British importers name on it. On the plastic sides and the blade it says Oragon?

chrisy":2hjrgrg2 said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OR"E"GON.... That's Oregon... no A in Oregon.... Just kidding :lol: How can you remember my Ducks!! :lol: :lol:

Alan from Oragon.

Running Arrow Bill":r7jfbs5j said:
Several years ago I went with Stihl chainsaw and weedeater...still running...like the Everready Bunny... This year I dumped my last remaining Poulan mower for a John Deere...finally got wise...

Same here RAB. I can't complain about the quality of Stihl.

Running Arrow Bill":11mf1va7 said:

Do all the new riding mowers have that PITA rediculous button you have to push so you can mow in reverse?

dun":2qg6t8px said:
Running Arrow Bill":2qg6t8px said:

Do all the new riding mowers have that PITA rediculous button you have to push so you can mow in reverse?

That design is to wear out the levers so you have to buy a new one sooner.

Worse than the lawn mowers is the dad blaim gas can nozzles. Someone ought to be shot.

backhoeboogie":10w219q6 said:
dun":10w219q6 said:
Running Arrow Bill":10w219q6 said:

That design is to wear out the levers so you have to buy a new one sooner.

Worse than the lawn mowers is the dad blaim gas can nozzles. Someone ought to be shot.

The last one I got has a button you push to let the gas out, works ok ,but if you let it set in the sun it builds up pressure. The first time I used it I had gas all over myself and everthing else.

Larry

backhoeboogie":2ig783cb said:
Get a couple of the old waer heater leak plugs, drill a hole in the gas can and screw the plug in to keep it from spilling, take it out to get the fuel out of the can.

I love my stills, I have 3 of them, they can not be beat..I think they are German, but what ever they are they are good.

dun":25seqk7l said:
Running Arrow Bill":25seqk7l said:

No they don't. I have a Husqvarna 48" riding mower that has an ignition key position which allows you to go in reverse with the blade still turning. Rented another brand without this key position and it was a pain! The husky is a nice riding mower. jmho. Jim.

Latest posts