Mad Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

showme

Reaction score
Will cattle prices go down because of MCD? The cattle prices at the sale barn in louisiana are $1.80-$2.50 a pound.

SCfarms":39jw6mwv said:
Will cattle prices go down because of MCD? The cattle prices at the sale barn in louisiana are $1.80-$2.50 a pound.

If I could get those prices I would sell them all and not worry if they go down.

You sure?

MikeC":1w8n5txr said:
SCfarms":1w8n5txr said:

If I could get those prices I would sell them all and not worry if they go down.

You sure?

thats going to be on the little ones only... 500 weight will be 1.00 to 1.20 or so.. i have a friend that sold 20+ head of 5-6 weight calves yesterday, and they averaged about 1.05-1.15.

jt

i will add this... those calves were good char cross calves.. not many in this area will bring a better price than what he raises.. the consensus around here is that the border opening hit was less than a nickel a pound, if that much.

someone covered this on another thread... calf prices have trended down over the last few weeks. i think this is a combination of several factors, one being the heat.

jt

SCfarms":2y7zupr7 said:

That is for 500 and 600 pound calves. We sold brangus cross calves a week ago for $1.89 a pound them calves were about 550 pounds. My buddy lives up in Fort Worth and he said he sold 2 cows about a month ago one cow brought $1155 for a 7 year old cow and the other was an F1 cow sold for $1500 4 years old. Tell me that aint good!! I am bring some calves up there next week cause the prices are higher than here. I am selling about 22 500 pound calves. He said I will get more than $2.00 a pound for them calves so I am hauling them suckers up there.

Hope the $2.00 a lb is true and hope them calfs don't lose too much weight on the long transport. Have you figured in diesel fuel costs also? Still going to make money in Ft.Worth instead of in your own back yard?

Swing by east Texas with a big trailer; I think me and Caustic and a few others would like to get in on that $2.00 per pound for 500 pounder action. :lol: Seriously Steven, please do a little more investigating before you make that haul, and don't just take your friend's word for it, or else I fear you'll be pretty disappointed.

SCfarms":2dwwj7tt said:
SCfarms":2dwwj7tt said:

That is for 500 and 600 pound calves. We sold brangus cross calves a week ago for $1.89 a pound them calves were about 550 pounds. My buddy lives up in Fort Worth and he said he sold 2 cows about a month ago one cow brought $1155 for a 7 year old cow and the other was an F1 cow sold for $1500 4 years old. Tell me that aint good!! I am bring some calves up there next week cause the prices are higher than here. I am selling about 22 500 pound calves. He said I will get more than $2.00 a pound for them calves so I am hauling them suckers up there.
Stephen , Fort Worth is certainly a good market, however if you don't mind driving Oklahoma City stock yards is just a days travel further north and I can assure you that OKC is at least a nickle higher per pound than Ft. Worth. That would be 275.00 on that load of calves. What else can you do and make that much money in a day. You better just drive them to OKC stockyards. Now that I think of it Ogallala Neb. is going to be a nickle higher than OKC. That would be another 275.00. If you just keep driving them cattle north you'll eventually get rich. I bet Alaska pays more money than any state in the union for beef.

Arnold Ziffle":3npdq2an said:
Swing by east Texas with a big trailer; I think me and Caustic and a few others would like to get in on that $2.00 per pound for 500 pounder action. :lol: Seriously Steven, please do a little more investigating before you make that haul, and don't just take your friend's word for it, or else I fear you'll be pretty disappointed.

Hell I am penning them all for those prices, but I want my money when they go in the trailer. I am afraid somebody is peein on that boys leg and tellin him its rainin. They dang sure aint bringin that in Crockett or any other salebarn in the state.
If they were we would have us a convoy headed for Ft Worth.

Here are the major salebarns in the state and come to think of it the only cattle in the Ft Worth stockyards are bronze they might bring 2 bucks as the stock yard has been closed down for years.
http://www.agr.state.tx.us/producer_inf ... cattle.htm

SCfarms":2ftau6j7 said:
SCfarms":2ftau6j7 said:

Those are some truely amazing prices, better than any in the nation.

Stephen Clark,
I can assure you that you will not get those prices in Ft Worth. Or anywhere else around Ft.Worth.

Bowie,Decatur,Mineral Wells,Weatherford,Wichita Livestock,and Tri County sales all this week on 5 weight steers were Avg.$103.00 to $120.00.

I know. I was at everyone of them buying.

For those of you that don't know or have already suspected it.Stephen Clark is a young boy of about 15 or 17 yrs old.That ought to explain it.

Latest posts