MACON TOLD ME TO ASK:

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS

Reaction score
I talked to Macon today - He is South of Cancun! I told him my problem (and apologized for interrupting his vacation!), and he said to go on the Forum and ask if ANYONE has had this problem before - so here I am!

For the past two or three weeks, I have been able to post threads on CattleToday, but the replies to those posts are never referred back to me by CattleToday. I don't even know if anyone is reading my posts. Have any of you read anything that I have posted in the last two weeks?? As a matter of fact, are you able to read THIS particular post? Hello out there! Anybody there?? I can access the Topics, and see the replies, but I am not notified that they have been answered. He and I changed a few things on my computer, but they were minor and didn't help. I am still not being notified of replies to any post that I have read or to which I have contributed. I have deleted cookies, re-intered my password, said a few "not nice" words - and that didn't help either!

Macon suggested that perhaps some of you good folks have had this kind of problem in the past, and could suggest a solution to my problem. Or maybe several solutions! But it is a pain in the Hindquarters - which has nothing to do with Marbling!

Any suggestions??

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

I am waiting 'with bated breath!'

DOC HARRIS

Doc, I read most of your stuff on the Breeds Board. Alas I don't have time to follow every one of the boards closely......generally Breeds (2-3 x daily), Beginners (daily+), Health and Nutrition (~every other day....maybe), Grasses Pastures and Hay (weekly), others (rarely). IF anybody reads or replys to any of my posts, I know nothing about it. I just check strings that I am following for new responses. Now when I get a PM I do get a notification from Cattletoday in my email; but that is the only time. I assume that I set the preferences that way at some point in the past or else that is the default setting. I have no idea how too change it and am not asking for any change.

Howdy Doc. You are being heard loud and clear. Can't help with the program notification thingy as I don't have mine set up that way. I just browse using the most active topic menu and every so often use the view your posts tabs to see if I missed something.

Just wondering, I had been reading the board for several years on Sunday mornings and finally became a registered user last January. Seems you made a lot more post in the past than you do now.

Reading you loud and clear Doc.
You know come to think of it, I was having pm's show up in my "Messages" when I come onto the board, but would not get a notice in my e-mails. I had 2 at one time and no notice in my e-mail inbox. :???:

All,

When you post a new message there is a checkbox at the bottom of the submission page that says "Notify me when a reply is posted".
You can set this to always default to checked by doing the following:

1. Go into your User Control Panel (see link on second line of each page toward the left hand side of the page)
2. Select the "Board Preferences" tab
3. Click on the "Edit Posting Defaults" link on the left hand side of the page
4. Select "Yes" for "Notify me upon replies by default".

Are you running spam filtering software? Make sure your spam software isn't identifying these notifications as spam. To prevent this you can add any email coming from cattletoday.com to your white list.

JH

Hey there!!!

Just saying "hello" to a treasured friend... hope you get it all worked out... it can be frustrating!! The only problem I had for a while was I would write a private message but when I would hit submit it would "time out" and I'd have to log in again (losing everything I'd written). Hasn't seemed to have happened lately though... good luck as we miss you!!

Thanks to all of you.

jhambley- yes, I have done all that you suggested, but it did not change anything. And it was all checked correctly, but made no difference.

I was surprised that so many of you aren't receiving notices when your posts, or posts that you have read, aren't referred to you, because mine have been since I originally started posting on CattleToday - until two weeks ago, when they just - - stopped!

I am afraid it is because I have "Vista" on my computer - and I know that Vista is having problems of all kinds.

I also post on Ranchers.net, and they notify me okay, - - but not CattleToday. I hesitate to go through my ISP or Microsoft because I can't understand the Philippino's, or the India Computer Geeks, or the Mexico City Whiz-Bangs, and I have to wait through all the computer-generated "time-saving' automated expert information-givers before I can finally talk to someone who can speak English! :compute: "Some or all of your conversation may be recorded to help us with our training programs!" :compute: Sure - - I can help you with your training programs. Just place your chin within 2.5 feet of my fist, and I shall try to explain a few things to you - and the horse you rode in on also!

Anyway - thanks for the help. I shall struggle with this until I get it straightened out.

DOC HARRIS

TexasBred":klw7lhgh said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Get'em Doc. :clap: :clap: :clap:
What's funny is that Ruthie (his wife) has just as much spunk as Doc...You should see the two together... they keep you in stiches. :lol2:

Doc,

Just an FYI...I've received email notifications on every post following this thread. I would guess the problem might be spam filtering either at your ISP or on your local machine.

JH

jhambley":2ud7r459 said:
Doc,

Just an FYI...I've received email notifications on every post following this thread. I would guess the problem might be spam filtering either at your ISP or on your local machine.

JH

Thanks, JH. I have narrowed the problem down to the same possibilities also. I really apprecaite your help! I shall continue to narrow down, and narrow down, and narrow down until only one option is obvious to me - - drop kick the whole mess into the next county - OR - appeal to Michelle Obama to ..."please come and save my sanity - as you are PLANNING to do with the whole 'be nice' country!" :help:

Yeah, SURE I will do that! Uh Huh! :???: :dunce: :lol: :lol:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts