Machinery insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

Uh oh ! Knocked a mirror off my kubota last year but so far good on doors ! How that happened ?

Uh oh ! Knocked a mirror off my kubota last year but so far good on doors ! How that happened ?
Actually when I sent the dealer a picture he said I notice it got your mirror also. Added it to the report even though it happened a year ago.
Dealer will pick it up when I get ready, repair it and return it back to me. All covered by the insurance.

Wish I had insurance on mine when I left the door open and cut that tree that didn't fall were I thought it would. Called around and found a door at Tri-County power equipment. Those things are not the easiest things to put on and glue a seal around the edge.

Wish I had insurance on mine when I left the door open and cut that tree that didn't fall were I thought it would. Called around and found a door at Tri-County power equipment. Those things are not the easiest things to put on and glue a seal around the edge.
The Johnson City/ Greenville Kubota Dealership is pretty large. My guess is that they can get just about whatever you need for a Kubota.

The Johnson City/ Greenville Kubota Dealership is pretty large. My guess is that they can get just about whatever you need for a Kubota.
I called around and the Jefferson City dealer had it in stock. The young guy that waited on me was a pretty close neighbor growing up. If I need something again, if local doesn't have it, I will keep the larger dealer in mind.

It is a pain to get all that glass out of the cab as I am still finding some in mine.

Last edited:
Sometime recently several people including myself gave advice to get insurance through the dealership for your new tractor. We'll today mine paid off. All they said was we will let you know when the parts come in.View attachment 23613
we have had a couple of doors do that on the 70hp kubota, I blame my boy for driving with the door open but he swears he didn't, he said he just shut the door and it happened, the kbota insurance does pay off however

I've changed a couple of those glass doors. One was a victim to a BB gun ricochet, the other a rock from a rotary mower while turning.

We also had a local shop swap a door handle once, came back the next morning to broken glass. After some investigation, they left out a washer and cranked the handle screws down, putting the glass in a bind. When it cooled down that night, boom.

Buying a new seal saves some time, but you can take a screwdriver and pick all the glass out of the old one and reuse it. Other than that you just have to swap over the hardware and get a helper to lift it up there.

Lost a few back windows over the years too, usually rocks in mowers. Sounds like a shotgun going off inside the cab.

Dad left the door open on a JD 5093e while taking the wrap off a roll of hay a year or so ago when feeding. Cow decided to scratch on the door and shattered it. Wasn't that bad to replace, honestly.

I've changed a couple of those glass doors. One was a victim to a BB gun ricochet, the other a rock from a rotary mower while turning.

We also had a local shop swap a door handle once, came back the next morning to broken glass. After some investigation, they left out a washer and cranked the handle screws down, putting the glass in a bind. When it cooled down that night, boom.

Buying a new seal saves some time, but you can take a screwdriver and pick all the glass out of the old one and reuse it. Other than that you just have to swap over the hardware and get a helper to lift it up there.

Lost a few back windows over the years too, usually rocks in mowers. Sounds like a shotgun going off inside the cab.
Those seals are not cheap. I saved mine, but as you said had to pick the glass out and for a good seal to stay on I put sealer on it.

Dad took a shot at something that needed shot a few years ago from inside the tractor with the door open. The bullet hit the hand rail, the shrapnel came back and took out the door. The mirror somehow took damage and remains broken to this day. Also, a person needs to remember to be careful when climbing into the cab not to grab the handrail with bare hands or the bullet hole will cut you. I can't remember what it cost me but the mileage I got out of the deal is still paying off.

Could not get my windows to defog inside my kubota cab today ; too hot for the heat and the air conditioner wasn't helping so I rode with the door open . Made sure I only did this in the wide open pasture !