M9000 Kubota??

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a M95 that i got 2 years ago. I like the tractor, but the service is not good here. It does evey thing i have ask of it. It has 438 hrs. Hope this helps.

Red Bull I have a M108 with loader bought new 1 year ago this month. I have 396 hours on it now. Here is what I do not like have cast wheel it is too light in the rear will not get around on slopes well. The engine turns more rpms to get the hp. Cannot work on the engine and most every thing else without a computer to diagnose and set this is with most all new tractors. The tube keep both sides of the loader coupler aligned is too small it will twist out of alignment.
The good is it was a few dollar over 10,000 cheaper than the green. It is not a fuel hog. The engine is very quite. If you run out of fuel it is self priming. The hydraulics are very strong for a farm tractor. The power shuttle.
Here is things I would change if buying again. Get a air ride seat. More weights on the rear. I have the 32 spd transmission do not need all the gears, not pay extra for it, 16 spd is all I need.

Red Bull: Have two Kubota 9040s(95 hp) Very good fuel efficiency. Put on bigger tires. A little light for real heavy work but having said that have no problem picking up a 1450 lb. round bale. Have a three point hitch bale unroller on the back of the one we feed with and have no problem with a bale in the front and one in the rear.
I bought these tractors for oil lease reclamation so wanted something that was fairly light so it would tow easy on a trailer. Kubota is a quality machine, has an excellent warranty, a decent price, good dealer service(in my area) and is an enjoyable tractor to run.

Thanks guys i think they will work for what i will use it for. I don't have any really heavy work to do with one, a little disking and notill drill work. Also do some bushogging on the AGF.

I have the M6800 in 2-wheel drive w/ front-end loader and have used it to pull a 12' bush hog, pushing downed trees, pulling a 12' medium disc, running a hay bailer etc and have never had any major problems. Fill those rear tires with water - it helps big time!!

BeefmasterB":1zp424fv said:
I have the M6800 in 2-wheel drive w/ front-end loader and have used it to pull a 12' bush hog, pushing downed trees, pulling a 12' medium disc, running a hay bailer etc and have never had any major problems. Fill those rear tires with water - it helps big time!!

Beefmaster, if and when I get another tractor that is the model I have in mind. Do you transport hay(1800lb rolls) on the frt and rear at the same time. Wondering if the tractor is built heavy enough to handle that. I know it has enough power. My terrain is not hilly.

Cowdirt":265i3wfh said:
BeefmasterB":265i3wfh said:

Beefmaster, if and when I get another tractor that is the model I have in mind. Do you transport hay(1800lb rolls) on the frt and rear at the same time. Wondering if the tractor is built heavy enough to handle that. I know it has enough power. My terrain is not hilly.

It's a good tractor. The M6800 has been replaced with the M7040. Both produce 62 pto hp. The lift capacity on the newer models is 2536 lbs. If your going to lift and move 1800 lb bales on the front then I would highly recommend 4-wheel drive for the increased stability (safety). I think the new 7040 comes in just 4wd anyway. You would not have any problem carrying a bale on both the front and rear at the same time. With those bale weights, you'll want to but a bale on the rear before carrying one on the front = safety.

BeefmasterB":2ox176v2 said:
Cowdirt":2ox176v2 said:
BeefmasterB":2ox176v2 said:

It's a good tractor. The M6800 has been replaced with the M7040. Both produce 62 pto hp. The lift capacity on the newer models is 2536 lbs. If your going to lift and move 1800 lb bales on the front then I would highly recommend 4-wheel drive for the increased stability (safety). I think the new 7040 comes in just 4wd anyway. You would not have any problem carrying a bale on both the front and rear at the same time. With those bale weights, you'll want to but a bale on the rear before carrying one on the front = safety.
Good advice on the 4 wheel drive. Somewhere I herd of a guy that broke the front spindles on his bouncing across a pasture with a bale on front of his 2 wheel drive.
:nod: :nod: