M326 daughters

Help Support CattleToday:

tlmcr

Reaction score
These are 2 fall KCF Bennett M326 daughters, 1 is 2 weeks the other 1 week old. all comments welcome.

07fallcalves_015.jpg

07fallcalves_004.jpg

looks good, but its really too early to tell, I'd like to see them again in a few months time. They seem to be quite leggy.

I agree, they are pretty young to get a good opinion formed. I'm very interested in seeing how they develope, I used M326 pretty often in my herd last spring, looking forward to seeing what I get in March. Please keep us updated with pics in a few weeks.

Alan

Thanks for the input, both heifers were small at birth, 72 and 73 pounds. I am looking forward to seeing them develop and will post pictures later.

To satisfy my curiosity (and I am sure also Alan's) how about posting photos of the dams. I have looked into using a M326 son (SHF Rib Eye R117) so if I know what the dams looked like I'll get a better idea of what M326 can do.

tlmcr":28co81f1 said:
will do, I will take pictures when I check them this evening.
Yes, I would like to see pictures of the cows to these calves. M326 I think should have a smaller EPD BW, but when Sandhill Farms bought into that bull, M326 was bred to cows that were sired by Interstate, Governor, M33, and some other higher BW sired females. So, that maybe why his BW EPD is where it is. But, Kevin has done a great job with his program.

THG

Here are the dams of the heifers. The first cow is with her calf from two years ago. The camera and the cattle did not want to cooperate last night.

Megan_and_Josephine_9_5_05.JPG

2007_Blanche_baby_001.jpg

thanks for posting, good capacity on the cows.

Are you happy with with the M326 calves, or is there something you would have wanted to be different?

Knersie:

I am thrilled with the calves so far, they are very uniform and correct in their makeup (we had a third one a bull calf, looks like the heifers).

I would have liked to see more eye pigment. I just have a feeling the heifers are going to be very nice. Time will tell. Thanks for the comments.

tlmcr":rl558b09 said:
Knersie:

I am thrilled with the calves so far, they are very uniform and correct in their makeup (we had a third one a bull calf, looks like the heifers).

I would have liked to see more eye pigment. I just have a feeling the heifers are going to be very nice. Time will tell. Thanks for the comments.

I would also have expected more pigment, how much pigment does the dams have, don't look as if they have full pigment?

What are the frame sizes of the dams?

tlmcr":raty4pzc said:
Knersie:

But TLMCR, M326 is the heaviest pigmented bull I have ever seen before.

THG

M326 does have heavy pigment, that is why I expected more in the calves. Both dams have very little eye pigment.

If M326 is the heaviest pigment bull you have seen your exposure is limited. I have 1 with far more pigment myself.

Nice calves. The cows look good to. Please post more pics when they are a little older. From what I can see they should be very nice. I just lost a calf from a older ( 5) cow Calf was very small 50lbs and just didnt act like it had any strength.

I guess I cant save them all. That is the second calf I have lost this year though. First one in FEB. Hope you get along good with yours. I only have 4 more to go till Nov then The heifers start in FEB. JHH

Knersie:

First cow is a frame 5

Second cow is a frame 5.5

That is about where I want to be with my mature cow size, they both have enough volume that they are still pretty heavy.

tlmcr":1etm2sf8 said:
M326 does have heavy pigment, that is why I expected more in the calves. Both dams have very little eye pigment.

If M326 is the heaviest pigment bull you have seen your exposure is limited. I have 1 with far more pigment myself.
Well then, you have never seen him in real life. I saw him sell at the KCF bull sale back a few years ago for $12,200. I was going to try and buy him, because I didn't think that he would go for more than $5000 and there wasn't any interest in him till the very last minute.

THG

tlmcr":364fwvqv said:
Knersie:

First cow is a frame 5

Second cow is a frame 5.5

That is about where I want to be with my mature cow size, they both have enough volume that they are still pretty heavy.

I agree, I also aim to have heavy frame 5 cows.

Latest posts