M-5

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan":17upg5u7 said:
Continued thoughts from here also. Is there anything any one of us can do that can't make a trip down there? How did the cattle do with the hurricane?
Mine made it fine, they ended up in my hay field which was the best place because it is high tensile wire .just had to cut trees off and add a couple tpost and back in business. I do know I saw a neighbors bull crushed under a tree . I do not know if he was the only one or not.

M-5":1i6wusb4 said:
farmerjan":1i6wusb4 said:
Continued thoughts from here also. Is there anything any one of us can do that can't make a trip down there? How did the cattle do with the hurricane?
Mine made it fine, they ended up in my hay field which was the best place because it is high tensile wire .just had to cut trees off and add a couple tpost and back in business. I do know I saw a neighbors bull crushed under a tree . I do not know if he was the only one or not.
Glad your cattle are okay! Sorry to hear about your neighbors bull - you just never know.

Really glad your cattle made it okay and sorry for your neighbor and moreso for his poor bull. Next will be the long tedious tasks of the barns, inventory, what can be salvaged, repaired, replaced, etc. I feel for the insurance agents, they will be run ragged for awhile, and no matter your feeling on them, they will have suffered losses along with all of you "clients" , as well as feeling the suffering of their clients. Good luck with that. Hoping you will be able to get some power back soon.

farmerjan":3gmhqj8p said:
I feel for the insurance agents, they will be run ragged for awhile, and no matter your feeling on them, they will have suffered losses along with all of you "clients" , as well as feeling the suffering of their clients.

I saw a lot of things down there that made me feel horrible for the people that were experiencing it.

However, I did not feel sorry for an insurance agent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmerjan":39dnyhrf said:
I feel for the insurance agents, they will be run ragged for awhile, and no matter your feeling on them, they will have suffered losses along with all of you "clients" , as well as feeling the suffering of their clients.

I saw a lot of things down there that made me feel horrible for the people that were experiencing it.

However, I did not feel sorry for an insurance agent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My sister is an insurance agent; up north not in the Hurricane disaster area of Fl., but they got some pretty bad rain and wind up there as it exited and ran up the New England coast. It is no picnic for them, even though I realize that the homeowner/farmer/rancher etc all are going to have a long road ahead for getting back to a sembleance of normal. But in a disaster area such as where it came ashore, it gets to where they can only work so fast, see so many places, and each claimant needs things fixed, repaired, replaced, yesterday. And many if not most, do really feel their clients pain in cases like these. It makes for long days for each, and short tempers, and feelings of frustration for all. Everyone feels they pay way too much in insurance, and when there is a disaster, everyone wants help NOW, because they have paid for it. She told me it really helps to deal with the ones that are organized and have had things recorded, and she was nearly in tears when she told me that one of her clients actually said that they didn't mean to get mad and that they really did appreciate the help they were getting. She said that makes it all worthwhile when they are overwhelmed with calls and claims. Just my view from the other side.

"
Everyone feels they pay way too much in insurance, and when there is a disaster, everyone wants help NOW, because they have paid for it.
As if the ins company didn't want their premium paid NOW....
Not only did the insured pay for it..in advance, but did so in most cases for years and years and years with nothing tangible to show for it but cancelled checks.............until now, and after all those years and all those premiums, this is very possibly (if not probably) the first time they've ever even heard from their carrier or agent since beginning the coverage. (unless of course they missed a payment)
So, it's understandable, that after paying in all these years, they expect that claims agent to do their job...the job they have been paid by that client to do..in advance, for years and years and years.
The client already did their part.
now, it's time for the claims rep to earn their pay and do theirs, with the same efficiency and quickness that (again, for years and years) that the insurance company demanded that the client make their premium payments. The client isn't asking for anything the company didn't promise and already got paid for.

Come on GB, you ain't feeling sorry for the insurance companies either? Me and you are calloused SOB's.

You can bet our rates will be going up again to pay for this disaster. We made a $7K claim for a roof in 2004, otherwise we've just paid homeowners insurance for 35 years for nothing.

True Grit Farms":1tf0hvmf said:
You can bet our rates will be going up again to pay for this disaster. We made a $7K claim for a roof in 2004, otherwise we've just paid homeowners insurance for 35 years for nothing.
Don't blame the insurance company. It was your decision to insure it.

Who says strangers on the internet can't be friends. I got a list of folks right now I can never repay. God Bless everyone that prayed and put their lives on hold to help me and my family. The true heros are all of you. I am humbled by everything.

Been thinking a lot lately about you and others who were hit hard by the hurricane. Pray that you get the wheels rolling again and return to some sense of normalcy :tiphat:

Latest posts