• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lynyrd skynyrd

Limomike

Reaction score
First and only time I saw the original band members was in Tulsa way back in 1977 at the Willie Nelson 4th of July "picnic" they called it. (it was actually July 3rd) They were awesome!
Lots of others were there that day (lasted way into the night 10AM to 11PM) All the "outlaws"...Waylon Jennings, Jessie Coulter, Jerry Jeff Walker,Asleep at the Wheel, David Allen Coe, and not to mention Lynard Skynard. I remember the temperature was extremely hot, and they had it at the Tulsa Speedway, and it drew about 80,000. It was the last outdoor concert Tulsa held for many years due to the overcrowding problems, as well as other problems as you might imagine. I saw things at that concert that a young man should never see...... :shock:

alacattleman

Reaction score
Limomike":26odlx74 said:
First and only time I saw the original band members was in Tulsa way back in 1977 at the Willie Nelson 4th of July "picnic" they called it. (it was actually July 3rd) They were awesome!
Lots of others were there that day (lasted way into the night 10AM to 11PM) All the "outlaws"...Waylon Jennings, Jessie Coulter, Jerry Jeff Walker,Asleep at the Wheel, David Allen Coe, and not to mention Lynard Skynard. I remember the temperature was extremely hot, and they had it at the Tulsa Speedway, and it drew about 80,000. It was the last outdoor concert Tulsa held for many years due to the overcrowding problems, as well as other problems as you might imagine. I saw things at that concert that a young man should never see...... :shock:
what!! did you see me?............... sounds like a redneck heaven :cowboy:

Limomike

Reaction score
alacattleman":lsy6uuws said:
Limomike":lsy6uuws said:

Wait,, were you that naked guy climbing the light pole to try to get a look at the group of girls topless? and when the cops made him get down, he slid down the whole way and skinned his whole frontside..bad. Now THAT was impressive to all the girls around.... :lol2:

alacattleman

Reaction score
Limomike":1wc14v58 said:
alacattleman":1wc14v58 said:
Limomike":1wc14v58 said:

Wait,, were you that naked guy climbing the light pole to try to get a look at the group of girls topless? and when the cops made him get down, he slid down the whole way and skinned his whole frontside..bad. Now THAT was impressive to all the girls around.... :lol2:
nope, but it sounds like some of my antics in 77

MO_cows

Reaction score
Limomike":2gndgx4e said:

I envy you!! I never got to see the original band perform live. I had tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd not long before the plane crash but my wicked stepmother decided it would keep me out too late on a school night. I had to give the ticket to a friend (my plan to get out of the house and go anyway failed :cry2: ). After the plane crash happened, I plotted her murder for weeks. :devil2: But I didn't kill her after all, just resent her to this day.

A moment of silence for all the departed LS band members..they were a true original and a great group. Only 1 original member left living now, the bass player??

hillsdown

Reaction score
Artimus Pyle is still alive as well even though he was kicked out of the band he was part of the group although he did join in '74 maybe he is not considered "original".

Freebird,,,,I remember when I first heard of Lynard Skynyrd, I said to a certain fella "who's he?" needless to say he still married me.. ;-)

Forget it I remember that scumbags arrest and conviction, yes there is only one left.

GMN

Reaction score
I came acrosss this quote once that Charlie Daniels made about his friends from this group I think its one of the coolest quotes:

A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.

written en route to the funeral for his friend, Ronnie Van Zant of the band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

alacattleman

Reaction score
MO_cows":3ecx7vj3 said:
Limomike":3ecx7vj3 said:

I envy you!! I never got to see the original band perform live. I had tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd not long before the plane crash but my wicked stepmother decided it would keep me out too late on a school night. I had to give the ticket to a friend (my plan to get out of the house and go anyway failed :cry2: ). After the plane crash happened, I plotted her murder for weeks. :devil2: But I didn't kill her after all, just resent her to this day.

A moment of silence for all the departed LS band members..they were a true original and a great group. Only 1 original member left living now, the bass player??
gary rossington, artimus pyle. and a couple other that where in the original group, but left .

cowman30

Reaction score
That is to bad. I always liked Give me back my bullets.

The line I drank enough whiskey to float a battle ship around was me in my younger days.