Lyme Disease Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I found a tick on my husband on Monday morning. Pulled it off I guess it had only been there for a short time.
Finally got a male friend to help me nag him into the Dr.
He is now on antibotics and was given an info sheet on Lyme.
I have been on the internet getting info.
I may be in denial, but there is no cure is there?
Does anybody else know more about this?
Does anybody else have it? What can we expect over the years?

Did he test positive for Lyme disease? If I went on antibiotics for every tick that was attached I wouldnt be able to eat since my belly would be full of pills.

dun":29d8b6sw said:
Did he test positive for Lyme disease? If I went on antibiotics for every tick that was attached I wouldnt be able to eat since my belly would be full of pills.

Ain't that the truth.

Makes me wonder if this is the first tick she's ever seen, or may just be the way she related the story. Anyway, hope everybody's doing fine.

Cuz

I couldnt imagine going to the doctor for a tick.

I pulled a dog tick as big as a cherry tomato of my bull the other day. Popped like a balloon! 8) and was really nasty but cool in an adolecent childish sort of way

I luv herfrds":1ea7f8cv said:
I found a tick on my husband on Monday morning. Pulled it off I guess it had only been there for a short time.
Finally got a male friend to help me nag him into the Dr.
He is now on antibotics and was given an info sheet on Lyme.
I have been on the internet getting info.
I may be in denial, but there is no cure is there?
Does anybody else know more about this?
Does anybody else have it? What can we expect over the years?
Was he actually diagnosed wtih Lyme disease? if so.. then I can understand your concern. I have a friend of mine who has it, and its been a pure nightmare for her.
On the other hand.. if your husband went in just becuz it was one tick attached... I say wow. I cant tell you how many ticks I have pulled, or my wife has pulled off me over the years.... and never have been to the doc becuz of it.

The bulls eye that is described for a lyme tick bite appeared within 24-48 hours.
The DR. told him that some of tests for lyme come back negative, even though they are positive.
I was not too concerned until that bulls eye appeared and I could feel the raised rash around it.
DR. prescribed antibotics for 4 weeks and was glad he came in so soon.

Glad some of you are not facing this. Haying is not done and the grain harvest is going to start. Now with him on antibotics he can have a reaction to them from sun exposure. Treated that before and it is not fun for the person going through it.
Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Thanks RockSprings :D :D
That web site gave me more info then the other three I had been on, they were pretty vague about the if we caught it in time.
Load off of my mind.

You were right getting him in as soon as you noticed the bullseye. I live in one of the worst areas of the country for lymes and I know of a couple people that didn't go in until months later and they are both partially disabled and will be for life. But I know of a lot of people that have had it and went to get it checked within a few weeks and after a round of antibiotics they are totally fine.

3MR":3o0s4cyk said:
I pulled a dog tick as big as a cherry tomato of my bull the other day. Popped like a balloon! 8) and was really nasty but cool in an adolecent childish sort of way
that is not cool even in an adolecent childish sort of way. that is just nasty.

a kid in my class had it. no one really thought anything of it. and i sure didnt know anythin about it. now that you mention something, i havent seen the kid all summer. :shock:

dun":1nfr6u93 said:

Me too. I always get them right where my pony tail holder sits. Not to mention everywhere else......Every time I work outside :x

*Cowgirl*":1e859h8s said:
dun":1e859h8s said:

Me too. I always get them right where my pony tail holder sits. Not to mention everywhere else......Every time I work outside :x

Well why dont you put your ponytail holder in your pocket. That way you can just empty all the ticks out of your pocket at the end of the day. :lol: 8) :heart:

I luv herfrds":1sbfffhg said:
The bulls eye that is described for a lyme tick bite appeared within 24-48 hours.
The DR. told him that some of tests for lyme come back negative, even though they are positive.
I was not too concerned until that bulls eye appeared and I could feel the raised rash around it.
DR. prescribed antibotics for 4 weeks and was glad he came in so soon.

Glad some of you are not facing this. Haying is not done and the grain harvest is going to start. Now with him on antibotics he can have a reaction to them from sun exposure. Treated that before and it is not fun for the person going through it.
Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Thank God he went too the docs.

My dad didn't. it took 7 years for doctors too diagnosi him. He was hospitlized for all sorts for reason because the doctors thought he had 3 different mental health problems and he didnot but was medicated for them and it made him crazy.
Belive me don't listen too these people and there smart alac comments. YOu did Right. I know my family went through 7 or 8 years of hell because it was not diagnosed at a early stage.

MAKE SURE HE TAKES HIS MEDS.

Thats funny, I went to the thread to read the latest and the first thing I noticed was a big picture of a tick at the top of th epage and an advertisment about taking back your yard and preventing lyme. I wonder if they knew.

You need to take Lyme disease very seriously. Both my Son and Daughter-in-Law have Lyme. My Son's Lyme is under control because they knew the symptoms and caught it very early.

So here's what the CDC (and most doctors) lie to you about.

Lyme disease can only be caught (contracted) from a tick bite in the North East, Pacific Northwest and far West Texas. BULLSH--!!!! The truth is it can be passed from human to human through the exchange of body fluids! That's how my Son caught it. My Son's friend caught it from her Mother at birth (placenta transfer).

It can be cured with a simple shot of antibiotic. BULLSH--! If discovered very early there is a series of antibiotic shots which can put it into remission. My Daughter-in-Law has had Lyme for 10+ years and was mis-diagnosed for six of those years. She takes massive doses of antibiotics and about the time they kill the spiroketes the eurlicula (sp) kick back in. There is limited treatment available and one of the better Dr's. is in San Francisco. So every couple of months they have to fly to SF for treatment.

A simple test can detect Lyme. BULLSH--!!! The only definitive test is a DNA study. The "simple" test can give false positives and false negatives.

And the CDC does absolutely nothing - nothing! Not one Dam thing except give out false information. Maybe the reason is if you do a little checking you find that the Army did biological warfare research with what is now known as Lyme back during WWII in the El Paso, Texas area. That, by the way, is where my Daughter-in-Law is from.

And you will be hard pressed to even get a response from the CDC, they won't even answer E-mail on the subject.

Latest posts