Lurkers

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Lots of lurkers :)

Screenshot-20190212-121856.png

Can you imagine how busy this forum would get if the lurkers posted, it would make things interesting I think. We'd definetly need more mods... :p

To all the lurkers out there - pop in and say 'Hi' to us on this thread, perhaps if you so feel also let us know why you lurk. Do you not participate because you are shy, too busy, afraid, have nothing to contribute or other reasons?

We would love to hear from you, c'mon take the plunge :D

alisonb said:
Can you imagine how busy this forum would get if the lurkers posted, it would make things interesting I think. We'd definetly need more mods... :p

To all the lurkers out there - pop in and say 'Hi' to us on this thread, perhaps if you so feel also let us know why you lurk. Do you not participate because you are shy, too busy, afraid, have nothing to contribute or other reasons?

I'm shy, so is cb

alisonb said:

I admit to being a lurking member. I'm pretty new at this stuff so lurking to learn until I have something of value to contribute. Small herd (19 head), less than 2 years experience. Just made a first sale of 3 young bulls which was a learning experience in itself. Lots of great info here.

Snoopdog, you're doing just fine :p

Splash, great that you have joined in, welcome!
Hope you will share your experiences with us, it does not matter whether you are new at this stuff. Congrats on the sales of your bulls :D

some of us who have posted thousands of times ......
are no smarter than a lot of others....
just willing to venture opinions....
and share experiences....
I am an older unit who has made a lot of mistakes in my life....
like to help others avoid some of them...

Long time lurker/learner here from SE Indiana! This site has been invaluable to me over the years. Thank you to everyone who has been willing to share your knowledge, stories and experience!

I read about every day. Only post occasionally as some of my thoughts had already been mentioned. No need to be redundant.

Carrie & greatgerts you've been on CT longer than most of us (Apr 28, 2004) & (Feb 16, 2004) Wow!!. Glad you are still around, so you've seen many come and go have you :D.

alisonb said:
Carrie & greatgerts you've been on CT longer than most of us (Apr 28, 2004) & (Feb 16, 2004) Wow!!. Glad you are still around, so you've seen many come and go have you :D.

Oh my yes. You get to see all of the cycles with members and topics.

alisonb said:

Indeed, LOL!

Can't believe I've been around that long either! Started here when my girls were first showing in 4H. 2 are now married and the baby is a senior in collage. Time sure flies! It's just my husband, me and the cows now!

I have lurked here for years, just signed up a few weeks ago. Have learned a lot from reading others posts. I guess I am from the mouth shut, eyes/ears open school. Thanks for all of your posts and a good search capability.

I've been lurking here for several years. I grew up helping my grandpa on a small dairy farm, and was just getting back into cattle when I joined. I actually registered so I could vote on the photo contest. Back then I spent a lot of time on a computer for work,and would read almost every thread. I've learned a lot from the board. When I started to AI again, reading cow pollinator, and regolith posts helped me a lot with heat detection. Texas Bred made me think a lot about the mineral I was using and how I was feeding my cows. There use to be guy on here, I think he was agmantoo,that had rotational grazing down to an art. I like seeing photos of everyone else's operation. One of my favorite photos was Red Bull Breeder hauling hay across the buffalo river. As I go back to lurking, I'd like to make a request to see more photos of cattle that aren't black. I'd post some but my cows are all black. :hide: