Lurker needing a Tax person.

Help Support CattleToday:

Shoestring

Reaction score
Thanks for asking the questions. And thanks to the ones that answer. I'm in N. Texas. That said, I have a small place by Paris. I was buyiing and flipping young pregnant cows. While I was successful in not making much money, it's constantly new calves, another are fun. So. I changed methods. I got 10 3 yr. Old cows 1 bull, cows were pregnant. Now with 12 head, I found out they were being depreciated. Wish I had known. The 10 I sold ate up the credit i hoped for after a new pond, knocking trees down, and just, you know, throwing some money up into the wind it seems. That said. I may have outgrown my wife's accounting degree and need recommendations for a Tax person. N.-N.E. Texas. Thanks in Advance. --Shoestring budget.

I use Ms. Cox at Rutherford, Taylor & Company out of Greenville. She and her husband ran cows and she knows farm taxes as well as anyone I know. Not so sure they will work with your shoe string budget.

Not sure if anybody told you owning cows isn't some kind of get rich quick. It takes alot of time, money, and hard work. If you don't enjoy it best bet get out while your head. You can make money, unless your a big name big wig most likely you won't get rich. 😊

I use Ms. Cox at Rutherford, Taylor & Company out of Greenville. She and her husband ran cows and she knows farm taxes as well as anyone I know. Not so sure they will work with your shoe string budget.
I'm finding I have to pony up frequently now. Oh, well, we all have to make a living. thank you.

Not sure if anybody told you owning cows isn't some kind of get rich quick. It takes alot of time, money, and hard work. If you don't enjoy it best bet get out while your head. You can make money, unless your a big name big wig most likely you won't get rich. 😊
Success is also seeing the grandkids faces when we get a new calf. and g.kids pulling out catfish out of the new pond. But, now that I got trees knocked down, pond dug, fertilized, and slowly coming back. We see successes! Money on the ground.

Attachments

• 20210522_102511.jpg
    20210522_102511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Success is also seeing the grandkids faces when we get a new calf. and g.kids pulling out catfish out of the new pond. But, now that I got trees knocked down, pond dug, fertilized, and slowly coming back. We see successes! Money on the ground.
A long year waiting for these guys.

A long year waiting for these guys.

Dang sometimes I say stuff very bluntly to the point, when I'm not joking around. After this post popped back up I reread my old comment like darn I sound real mean. I definitely didn't mean for it to come across as rude, mean, or anything, just to the point.
You are correct teaching your kids and grandchildren about farming is worth every penny in my opinion. Spending time with them period is worth it.
I just wanted to make a point you need a passion for cows and farming its not always about the money.

After this post popped back up I reread my old comment like darn I sound real mean. I definitely didn't mean for it to come across as rude, mean, or anything, just to the point.
@Chevy, you are just about the meanest person on here. Privately, we refer to you as "Cruella".
I mean, seriously, what kind of person would go out in the very beginning of a Pandemic, when no one knew exactly how bad it would be and everything was locked down, just to restock Blessing Boxes all over town so that the less fortunate would not go hungry? You are a mean person....

@Chevy, you are just about the meanest person on here. Privately, we refer to you as "Cruella".
I mean, seriously, what kind of person would go out in the very beginning of a Pandemic, when no one knew exactly how bad it would be and everything was locked down, just to restock Blessing Boxes all over town so that the less fortunate would not go hungry? You are a mean person....
There is that. I deny hearing her called, "Cruella". I understood where you are coming from. No offence taken. I was last in line for Grandpa's place. So, i'mma learning the hard way. No open top trailers,. Yep, that big azz steer can still get out. How the h*ll does a cow and bull just up and frigging die in the same year? And the worst, was loosing both in a birthing gone wrong. Momma too young, Calf too big. So, I got it figured out. Saturday you cuss, Sunday you laugh it off and say a Prayer, then Friday you write another check for SOMETHING! and go fishing! But! This year! This is the year! THIS is they year we make all that money I've heard that cattle people make! Right?

Wait!! Are you saying there's a chance we can get rich?? 😂

Wait!! Are you saying there's a chance we can get rich?? 😂

Some may... I'm happy just being us. I'd act a fool if I was rich, everybody homeless would be grinning ear to ear. 😁 Everybody talk about how they would buy this or that go here or there ect. I'd go find homeless or somebody not expecting it to help. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Go pay some random people bills, buy stuff for school they can't afford, build parks in areas that didn't have them and most like never will. Ya know just stupid things.

We all are rich with things money can't buy. Hopefully, we have someone that cares about us, at least a dog or a cow, good health, believe in God, love, happiness, peace, purpose in life, wisdom, ect. Ect. Farming brings alot of things money can't buy, along with hard work and a job well done.

Latest posts