Lump from LA200

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I gave a shot of LA200 to my 2.5 month old Jersey bull that had some signs of cold (runny eyes, nose and labored breathing). He weighs about 200 lbs. and I followed the instructions on the bottle for cc amount as well as using multiple injection sites. He now has a lump on his neck at one of the injection sites. I knew this could happen with vaccinations but not with LA200.I injected under the skin as specified. The other injection site has no lump. Is this normal and will the lump go away? Good news is he is getting better.

Thanks

Hoss, give that calf a shot of Nuflor. It's much better for respiratory problems. LA may not fix it anyway. The Lump will go away in time.

Hoss,

If you don't aspirate the needle good....a little drop of air in the needle shaft will cause a lump.... the vet tells us. Takes a long time to go away.

I talked about this some time ago. It seems EVERY TIME I give LA200 I get these knots. I have seen them last from 1 month to 3 months. Probably nothing wrong with your methods. You might want to try something else for respiratory problems though.

My experience is sometimes I do sometimes I don't. reguardless of rubbing, or what. Don't worry about it. It may go down. If not it does not affect the meat. It peels off with the hide.

Thanks for all the replies. I am happy to say that the calf appears to have made great strides in recovery. When I first administered the LA200 I could barely get him to get to his feet. This morning he came running across the pasture for his morning bottle and harrassed me the whole time I was in the pasture. He was wanting to play and romp.

ctlbaron, I'm not sure if the LA200 was the best choice but this is what the local Co-Op suggested. It seems to have worked.

Can I get the Nuflor at the Co-Op or must I get it from the vet?

Latest posts