Lumber

Help Support CattleToday:

Son just put a floor in a trailer that we bought off the friend that passed away. Had a bad axle that we replaced with a used one....Son sold it as is but had put in the new floor. I know that he spent over $ 300 in lumber that he used my Lowe's card for to get the 5% discount.... don't know if that was all the lumber or just what he needed that day. It was 24 ft long, don't know the width but thinking 7 or 7 1/2 ft.
Try getting lumber to do remodeling... you will have to have cpr and get put on life support. Not looking any better in the immediate future.

Treated wood and plywood is scary for sure. If I don't need treated lumber I buy rough cut from a small mill. I think the last lift I got was around $600 / thousand board feet. CAD

Same here. I did a small project a month or two ago with standard SPF and it was about 3X what it would have cost a year ago.

It's ridiculous especially treated and it changes ever day. I've always purchased my lumber from Menards as the quality and price is hard to beat. I poured a bunch of concrete this past fall and spent more on form boards than the concrete SMH

Strange that a few friends I have that log, say logs are worth nothing. That may be regional thing isolated to here IDK.

I heard that lumber prices have skyrocketed due to the supply chain disruption. Similar to cattle I suppose. A lot of lumber got backed up for a while. Lumber yards have had to order stuff weeks or months in advance. It used to be within a week they could get stuff.

It's ridiculous especially treated and it changes ever day. I've always purchased my lumber from Menards as the quality and price is hard to beat. I poured a bunch of concrete this past fall and spent more on form boards than the concrete SMH
Probably cheaper if you used metal edging

I hope so for you but you'd be money ahead to use timber off your land buy a mill or have it milled for the lumber
The farm was cut pretty hard before I bought it and there wasn't much wooded land to start with. I've always been told you can't build a house from sawmill lumber. Or I should say the bank wont finance a sawmill house. I had the same thought about just buying sawmill lumber I'm buying oak for .80 BF

Latest posts