Lumber prices see biggest drop in history

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been seeing trains go by with car load after car load of lumber. They use to rob trains in the old days. I am trying to figure out how to go about stopping a train. Then you have to unload the lumber and where to stash it away for a while until things cool off. Hmmmmm...... millions of dollars worth of lumber just rolling by every day and no way to cash in on it.

I have been seeing trains go by with car load after car load of lumber. They use to rob trains in the old days. I am trying to figure out how to go about stopping a train. Then you have to unload the lumber and where to stash it away for a while until things cool off. Hmmmmm...... millions of dollars worth of lumber just rolling by every day and no way to cash in on it.
Oh where there's a will there's a way! It could be done lol

I have forks for the loader!

I know a guy...... just sayin....

Barn find

image.jpeg

Two 8ft 2x8 df boards were $49.75 , on my 36 year old account no tax.

I had to ask how much a 7/16" OSB sheet was $93.67 each!

I'm doing foundations and flatwork for 10 houses that have 350+ sheets on them! No wonder they're $1.25 million 🤑🤑

Two 8ft 2x8 df boards were $49.75 , on my 36 year old account no tax.

I had to ask how much a 7/16" OSB sheet was $93.67 each!

I'm doing foundations and flatwork for 10 houses that have 350+ sheets on them! No wonder they're $1.25 million 🤑🤑
Wow OSB here is a little under $50. Wonder how this has affected timber values?

I have been seeing trains go by with car load after car load of lumber. They use to rob trains in the old days. I am trying to figure out how to go about stopping a train. Then you have to unload the lumber and where to stash it away for a while until things cool off. Hmmmmm...... millions of dollars worth of lumber just rolling by every day and no way to cash in

My name is Bennett and I ain't in it. 🤣

Where's that popcorn... I'll come watch. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿😁😂🤡

Wow OSB here is a little under $50. Wonder how this has affected timber values?

Hasn't. Lumber mills discovered what the packers have been doing for a long time. There's been a lot of talk about tariff's, supply, demand, and anything else they could deflect it onto but in truth, it was just greed and opportunists taking advantage. There was always plenty of supply, production, and transportation availability to meet demand.

Happy to see prices finally coming back down. Just wish they'd build a few crosses out of the overpriced lumber and hang the greedy bastards on them.

I know the mill located 3 miles from me has had it's yard filled to capacity with both logs and finished 2 bys. It runs 6 days/week and has been for several years. There ain't no shortage of dimensional lumber and seems to be plenty of pine logs still rolling down the roads.clwsawmill.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts