Lucky Day

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
It just must be my lucky day.
I twisted wrong and slipped a disc in my back. So jumping up to answer the phone is not fun.
It must be the day for the rude telemarketers to call too.
Just had one call asking for my husband. It was for some crack sealing stuff for driveways. Guy claimed that there was a card sent in for information. Asked him to wait a second while I tried to go find him. He said Oh well and hung up on me. :mad:
Second one called asking for the hubby too. Asked what it pertained to, she told me it was a charity that was asking for $15.00 to help termanialy ill children leave the hospital for a day. Told her truthfully that we had no money to give at this time. She became rude and abusive and started yelling at me. I waited til she stopped and calmly told her to take our number off of her list and to never call us again. :mad: :mad:
Hurts too much to yell.

ouch you are having a rough day.a messed up back is no fun at all.esp when it hurts to breath or move.

Get on the no call list. Even if you aren;t on it ask them if they know the penalty for calling someone on the list. Surprising how fast they hang up when you do that, and they don;t call back either.

Tips for Dealing with Nuisance Calls:
  • 1. "May I Speak To The Man(Woman) of The House?": Hang Up.
    2. "May I Speak To Mr. George Washington Lincoln?": Hang Up (No one addresses me by a formal name)
    3. Voice On The Other End...Apparently not from your STATE!: Hang Up.
    4. Wrong Number: Hang Up.
    5. Obvious Telemarketer: Hang Up.
    6. Small Child (not yours) On Phone: Hang Up.

If none of these work for you...get Caller ID...only answer those you know.

If that doesn't work...Answer The Phone..."City Jail, Officer (Pick a name)..."

:devil2:

KenB":1awwls7l said:
1982vett":1awwls7l said:
Does not take long to figure out a call is a telemarketer. Just hang up.

Thats what I do as well. :wave:

Ya'll ought not do that! Keep em on the phone. Find out their dogs names, how many children they have, what the weather is like, how they like their jobs, what their marriage is like, what they are doing to reduce their carbon footprint - cause the longer you can keep them on the line the more peace I'm going to have before the jerk calls me.

Caller ID changed my life. I highly recommend it. At our house, unless we recognize the name, we don't answer the phone. If the caller is legit, they will leave a message.

I very seldom even answer my phone. I figure if it is important they will leave a message. If they don't then they didn't need to bother me in the first place.

One more tip for telemarketers. They use computers to dial and watch the screen to see which number picks up so there is a delay. Answer you phone "hello" and if no immediate response just hang up before they get chance to click on your number on the computer screen.

Telemarketers are one of the worst things that was ever thrust upon the American society. I love caller id to screen with, so normally I don't communicate with them.

However, if you have the free time, you can keep them on the phone and waste their time if you do want to play with them. Basically, as long as you do not use profane language, then can not hang up on you. So...... tell them your problems, your life story, give them that thread of hope to cling to thinking that they're going to get a dollar. It can be amusing. :lol:

There is one of those telemarketing centers (sewers) on the edge of town. It's incredible that there are 50-75 cars parked there 24/7.

ouch! Hope your back feels better soon!

HOW TO HANDLE TELEMARKETERS

1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Alternately, you can tell them, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my car won't start..." When they try to get to the sell, just keep talking about your problems.

3. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

4. This works great if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company..." You: (Wait for a second) With a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"

5. Cry out in surprise, "Judy! Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.

6. Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as SINISTER a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends...would YOU be my friend?"

8. If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get blood out? Can you get out GOAT blood? How about HUMAN blood?"

9. Ask him/her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you could not just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.

10. Tell the telemarketer that you work for the same company, they often can't sell to their fellow employees.

11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a telemarketer, set the receiver down, shout or scream "Oh my God!!!" and then hang-up.

12. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their HOME phone number, you will call them back. When the telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their HOME number, you say "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The telemarketer will agree and you say, "Now you know how I feel!" Hang up.

13. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

14. Tell them it is dinner time, BUT ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

15. Tell the telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.

16. Tell the telemarketer, "Okay, I will listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes."

17. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"

18. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up... louder...louder...louder...

19. Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY, because you want to write DOWN EVERY WORD.

Why not cut down on all the stress and just say can you please hold for a minute. Then lay the phone down and walk away. Works great and is far less confrontational.

3waycross":3beossxj said:
Why not cut down on all the stress and just say can you please hold for a minute. Then lay the phone down and walk away. Works great and is far less confrontational.

You're taking the fun out of it. You need to steer the conversation over to hemorrhoids. It doesn't much matter what your discussion is about them, you just need to convince them that you are suffering and need advice. If they come back and tell you they know nothing, you need to let them know at least there's one perfect arse in this party.

flaboy":2zdhhwfr said:
One more tip for telemarketers. They use computers to dial and watch the screen to see which number picks up so there is a delay. Answer you phone "hello" and if no immediate response just hang up before they get chance to click on your number on the computer screen.
I've been on to that (sounds like a dead line) a along time, only problem seems to be that your number just falls to the bottom of the list and in a day or so your phone rings again. Sooner or later you have to tell them; NO :!:

3way, I used to have a phone that had a hold button and used it a few times. :clap:

Hey, I just received notice for, the last time, that the warranty is about to run out. On what I'm not sure, but is is probably on my 1998 Cheverolet. :lol2:

I also used to use a canned air horn, but it scared he[[ out of my wife so I had to quit.

The hard part now is they don't ask for Mr. or Mrs. anymore. They ask to speak to "John Doe" or even "John", so that throws me at times. When they ask for the hubby directly, I try to screen his calls. But I never know if it's the chemical guy, insurance guy or other's we deal with.
We do have caller ID, but it is on the phone in the hallway, not out here in the living room. Going to change that this fall with a new phone.
Love the list of suggestions Rebel, going to have to try a few of them. :lol2: