LSU Football

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
Has LSU lost their minds? Are they seriously considering dumping the mad hatter? You have to be insane. You don't drop Les unless you have Nick (who I used to believe had a pact with the devil, but am now thoroughly convinced is the devil) or Urban lined up, ready to fill the void. Jimbo Fisher??? Don't see you gaining a better coach if you pull him from FSU (which if he left FSU, would have to make you question his intelligence). Chip Kelly??again, not gaining anything over what you have in Miles. I will never understand the impulsiveness of some of these programs. Most important question should always be, who are we going to get that is better?

Right now I believe it's just more media created rumors in hopes of getting creating a frenzy, I feel the same about the rumors about Chip Kelly....... Although USC is needing a coach..... Les, Chip?

You ought to here the non sense in Austin...... ;(. But hey if they chose to let you go bring a dump truck to pick up your 15 million $ and saylavey....

i think a couple different things cause these situations.

your average fan these days spends about 30 hours/week playing fantasy football, Madden video games, and cruising sports forums on the internet. everybody you talk to is a football expert, and they're all over social media spouting their opinions as fact about coaches. any idiot with a keyboard can be a sports expert. "i'm so much cooler online".

since the change to the BCS and now the playoff, the only thing that matters to most fans is winning the championship. and just like college basketball, winning it all takes a lot of luck. but now that there is a legit champion crowned in college football, your average joe fan and booster wants one. winning 9 or 10 games and going to a good bowl game just ain't enough for people in this day and age. probably has something to do with participation trophies and 6 million/year coaching contracts.

people really don't have enough to do. used to, you worked so dang hard at your job, your garden, keeping your car running and raising your family, you just wanted a little diversion on saturday afternoons. pulling for State was good for that. you watched the game, had a beer, cheered them on. then when the game was over you went to church on sunday and went back to the grind on monday morning. now, people lay around all week watching the weeds grow and their cars rusting while they collect their disability check. so sports becomes a vacuum capturing all that free time they have.

i've got a buddy here at work, that i guarantee you reads or watches sports on tv 20-30 hours a week. college, pro, baseball, 5 or 6 fantasy leagues, recruiting websites, you name it.

bball":2zfw8d3n said:
Has LSU lost their minds? Are they seriously considering dumping the mad hatter? You have to be insane. You don't drop Les unless you have Nick (who I used to believe had a pact with the devil, but am now thoroughly convinced is the devil) or Urban lined up, ready to fill the void. Jimbo Fisher??? Don't see you gaining a better coach if you pull him from FSU (which if he left FSU, would have to make you question his intelligence). Chip Kelly??again, not gaining anything over what you have in Miles. I will never understand the impulsiveness of some of these programs. Most important question should always be, who are we going to get that is better?
Dam alumni associations are putting the pressure on....as if they knew anything about coaching.

I might be mistaken but I thought Miles daughter is a student at UT? I could see UT hiring him if they couldn't get Saban.

Considering firing a guy with a 110-32 record...brilliant! LSU needs to go through a decade or so of irrelevancy like we did at UT, and they might appreciate a good coach like they have now . He won't be unemployed for long if they let him go. The $15-20 million buyout would definitely soften the blow for me. Lol.

ousoonerfan22":z51a7g4h said:
I might be mistaken but I thought Miles daughter is a student at UT? I could see UT hiring him if they couldn't get Saban.
Strong ain't going we bought him. He bought into Texas. OU sux.. :). I've been pulling for y'all beat OSU

Probably just rumors but I read Strong is interested in Miami? I don't know if we can beat OSU in Stillwater or not but if we did you guys probably knocked us out the playoffs. That was a good win for UT!

Les is the mark richt (uga coach) of the sec west .. If you fire a coach that wins 9 to 10 games a year who is gonna want to take that job.. Jimbo isn't any better .. He has a special needs child so I doubt he leave fsu.. Sweeney isn't leaving Clemson unless the bama job opens up .. Why would you take a chance on a up and coming coach ?

Why would you take a chance on a up and coming coach ?[/quote]
Because very few LSU fans, boosters, or alumni like Les Miles.

It's not about why would they take a chance .. It's more of you aren't stealing a p 5 top coach .. I know lsu is gods gift to college football according to the coonasses but its just not the way it works .. Ask texas how that played out for them ..

If I were Les, I'd gladly take the 15 million buyout, start a small cow/calf operation, and run my herd until I was nearly out of money. Then, I'd get one of those TV gigs during football season to subsidize my social security.

JSCATTLE":36l8nc6v said:
It's not about why would they take a chance .. It's more of you aren't stealing a p 5 top coach .. I know lsu is gods gift to college football according to the coonasses but its just not the way it works .. Ask texas how that played out for them ..

look at Tennessee and what happened after fulmer

Alan":162mpkrm said:
Right now I believe it's just more media created rumors in hopes of getting creating a frenzy, I feel the same about the rumors about Chip Kelly....... Although USC is needing a coach..... Les, Chip?

It's not just a media created frenzy. LSU people are serious about getting rid of him. they do not like him. Miles is a good coach and a good recruiter,maybe to good of a recruiter. I heard the other day that LSU has more players in the NFL than any other school. Miles has such talented players that they all go pro instead of finishing school. When your top recruits leave before their senior or junior year your or stuck in a building program.

bball":1dr9qk5f said:
Has LSU lost their minds? Are they seriously considering dumping the mad hatter? You have to be insane. You don't drop Les unless you have Nick (who I used to believe had a pact with the devil, but am now thoroughly convinced is the devil) or Urban lined up, ready to fill the void. Jimbo Fisher??? Don't see you gaining a better coach if you pull him from FSU (which if he left FSU, would have to make you question his intelligence). Chip Kelly??again, not gaining anything over what you have in Miles.
LSU should hire Bill O'Brien--please!!

I'm a little handicapped because I truly hate the media, so I hear the rumors but pay little attention until the facts come out or their is credible sources sited. With that said, back to The Les Miles saga. I understand boosters feeling they have the right to "control" their schools sports programs and of course the media running with it, doesn't mean they should. The sec is no doubt one of the most cut throat football conference there is, but........ Les Miles has a 110-32 record at LSU and the highest winning percentage of any other LSU coach, including Saban, a national title plus another appearance in the title game. It would be foolish, in my opinion, to buy out Miles contract for $15 mil, plus buy out any other asst they remove. All Miles will do is take another high dollar contract at USC or Miami or.... How much money is LSU willing to spend to get a high caliber coach and who's available? Jimbo? Bad move, LSU just need to ride it out

The elite college football player mostly always play three on out, it's part of the college game. Now on to the next rumor........ Where will Chip land after Philly fires him and buys out his contract? Not trying to start a conversation just poking fun at rumors...... Chip is only one game out of the division lead.

greybeard":1q3uyg3z said:
bball":1q3uyg3z said:
Has LSU lost their minds? Are they seriously considering dumping the mad hatter? You have to be insane. You don't drop Les unless you have Nick (who I used to believe had a pact with the devil, but am now thoroughly convinced is the devil) or Urban lined up, ready to fill the void. Jimbo Fisher??? Don't see you gaining a better coach if you pull him from FSU (which if he left FSU, would have to make you question his intelligence). Chip Kelly??again, not gaining anything over what you have in Miles.
LSU should hire Bill O'Brien--please!!

If they cut Les loose, that would be a karma hire indeed!

Latest posts