Low Profile Trailer For Cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jabes0623

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a decent used trailer for almost a year now without much luck in my area. Two really good deals have popped up but both sold insanely quickly. However I have found a couple good deals on low profile trailers but dismissed them assuming they were too small. But now I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong, so can you safely & comfortably haul cattle in a low profile trailer?

I don't think the low profile trailer will work for cattle unless you were hauling veal calves. Most of the low profile trailers I see are used to haul hogs or sheep.

BC":1zkd5cui said:
I don't think the low profile trailer will work for cattle unless you were hauling veal calves. Most of the low profile trailers I see are used to haul hogs or sheep.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Even if cattle would fit in it, I wouldn't buy a trailer that I couldn't stand up straight in.

Does your local school district have an ag shop department. A friend of mine had the kids at school build one he just supplied the material, and let them take it to a show. I never asked him the exact cost but he said it was cheap. He has had it for a while hauled a lot of calves only had to change the floor and put new tires on it.

Thanks for all the replies. The interior height is 5'6" which is obviously too short so this is a no go.

wacocowboy that's a good idea, thanks, I'll check into it.

Latest posts