Loving this Bailout plan

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
...i received this in an email...

Sounds good to me!! If only you could get someone in the legislature to listen...

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage- housing crisis solved. Repay college loans; what a great boost to new grads. Put away money for college; it'll be there, Save in a bank, create money to loan to entrepreneurs. Buy a new car, create jobs. Invest in the market, capital drives growth. Pay for your parent's medical insurance; health care improves. Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( vote buy ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG, liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can never work.

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Did anyone think to check the math?

425,000.00 x 200,000,000 is 85,000,000,000,000. That is 85 trillion, not billion. The plan would give 200,000,000 people $425.00 not $425,000.00

One thing for sure, I don't know about all of you, but I don't remember getting to share in the monster profits of these big corporations . Why in the heck should they take some of the meager resources that we have to save these greedy pigs ? So whether our share is $425 or $425,000, it's too danged much .

LarrY

Greedy Pigs! Larry, I don't know if you realize this but you are talking about my X as she is a mortgage underwriter and is up to her eyeballs in this mess. But I must say your description is dead on as she is the same one who sued me for $800,000 back child support. Some of the shinnanigans she pulled under the guise of good business were shady at best. Anything to get the loan approved - and I do mean anything. When I questioned her acttions she told me I just didn't understand business and lived in a fairy tale world. I guess I do when you consider the story about the three pigs. Seems she built her house out of straw and had a Lexus parked in the drive while I slowly built mine out of brick with a 64 chevy truck in the drive (which she refused to ride in). She always argued that I could afford to owe more. Instead, I chose to drink well water rather than the Ivian she drinks. While some still might call me a capitlistic pig I do think the old saying is true, "pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered".

Come to think of it, it is fall which is the time to slaughter the hogs.

FYI - the suit made it to court but she looked pretty stupid when the evidence was merely based on internet information and not facts.

Dang...it sounded good after working 15 hours.

Michele

The problem with a plan like that is that most people would not use the money to pay off their homes and other debts. They would be buying flat-screen TVs and game boys and sneakers. Just like they did with the hurricane relief giveaway money. They did a TV story a week or so back about a woman that had been turned down for Ike housing relief funds. She thought it was a terrible injustice. The reason she was turned down was that she was still receiving Rita housing relief funds. Them poor folks know how to work it.

1982vett":1uzpea31 said:

425,000.00 x 200,000,000 is 85,000,000,000,000. That is 85 trillion, not billion. The plan would give 200,000,000 people $425.00 not $425,000.00

Vet..someone posted that on Ranchers. net as well and I notice the 3 missing zeros's in the math. hmmm. That $425 would buy a ton of feed.

Funny what a couple zeros are worth and how easy it is to catch people off guard when you get to the big numbers.

Do you think it would be enough to buy a rain?

1982vett":2qzm087w said:
Funny what a couple zeros are worth and how easy it is to catch people off guard when you get to the big numbers.

Do you think it would be enough to buy a rain?

Now...but you could have a pretty good country boy party on it. Maybe drown your sorrows. :lol2:

Even if it was $425K it would be a loan because the money would be coming from the sale of Treasuries to foreign investors (mostly) at a very low historic interest rate. Imagine what the interest would be over 30 years, at say 3%, when it is compounded, provided we don''t keep printing money like it is going out of style. Just imagine how the dollar would tank. The fact that it would be a loan is exactly what got us in the trouble in the first place. We need to do the opposite of use credit...we need to save. That should fix us up.

TexasBred":2ytwdhla said:
1982vett":2ytwdhla said:

Vet..someone posted that on Ranchers. net as well and I notice the 3 missing zeros's in the math. hmmm. That $425 would buy a ton of feed.

There is actually way more fuzzy math to it than that.

It actually comes out to each American paying around $2,000 in real math.

HerefordSire":3ut1ao50 said:
Even if it was $425K it would be a loan because the money would be coming from the sale of Treasuries to foreign investors (mostly) at a very low historic interest rate. Imagine what the interest would be over 30 years, at say 3%, when it is compounded, provided we don''t keep printing money like it is going out of style. Just imagine how the dollar would tank. The fact that it would be a loan is exactly what got us in the trouble in the first place. We need to do the opposite of use credit...we need to save. That should fix us up.

A good savings plans makes sense to me. The thing that has gotten me pinched this time is the low rate I get for my dollars. Looking for a better return, one that would at least outpace inflation. Seems it doesn't pay to save anymore.

Tell me your thoughts on somthing else. What would the reasoning be for the treasury to lower the amount of I-bonds (from $60,000 a year to $10,000) and EE savings bonds (limited to $5,000 a year) an indiviual could buy as they did about 18 months ago?

It raised a brow in my thoughts at the time, but I never saw or heard any financial writters or commentators mention the action. Seems a bit more clear to me now. I just didn't think they were stupid enough to let the trainwreck happen. I guess their really is more ways than one to skin (tax) a cat.

Latest posts