Love Rust-Oleum

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Started painting this then threat for rain I stopped but painting all my weathered stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_173201355.jpg
    IMG_20210509_173201355.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210509_114608978_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210509_114608978_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210510_085345123.jpg
    IMG_20210510_085345123.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Crews cleaned there trucks on Friday afternoon. Seems like if the truck was clean they took better care of it.

You matched the paint up good and will look like new when finished. My dad would say if a piece of equipment looked good it worked better it seemed.
Bought a few of these they were at a sale few years ago those hogs love to eat bush whacker brand is imo best hog. This was a state unit it cuts great even eats gum trees up to 4 Inches

Bought a few of these they were at a sale few years ago those hogs love to eat bush whacker brand is imo best hog. This was a state unit it cuts great even eats gum trees up to 4 Inches
Looks to be heavy built. Behind the PTO shaft before the gear box under the shield it probably has a slip clutch instead of a shear pin. The gear box looks heavy also.

Looks good.
I don't paint, can't stand painting. I get all over me all over my truck on everything except what in trying to paint. My favorite color is rusty..
Thanks, I hate painting too but hate buying something again or repairing if I can glob some paint on it and be good for a few years lol

mow_005_(Small).jpg

mowafter.jpg

Been there and done the same, minus the paint job. Had it cleared, piled and mostly all piles burned in 2008/2009 but got busy with building the house and other domestic stuff on another part of the property and some of the areas grew up quick. I started spraying herbicide the next year. So much easier than having that mower bangin around back there. You can take it from the forest but the forest always wants it back.

Rustoleum will look a whole lot better if you add an enamel hardener to it. TSC sells it for their line of paints.

Otherwise it seems to stay sticky forever and isn't all that tough.

Rustoleum will look a whole lot better if you add an enamel hardener to it. TSC sells it for their line of paints.

Otherwise it seems to stay sticky forever and isn't all that tough.

I never have had that issue of it staying sticky and not being tough.. I think your prep and thickness of paint as well as conditions you paint in play a part in paint durability as well but i hate painting so im not an expert

I never have had that issue of it staying sticky and not being tough.. I think your prep and thickness of paint as well as conditions you paint in play a part in paint durability as well but i hate painting so im not an expert

I painted my boat trailer with it. Used a cup brush to take it all down to bare steel and sand blasted the corners where it wouldn't reach.

I cut it and sprayed it with an HVLP gun, no hardener. It stayed gummy for weeks and isn't all that durable. The cup brush left the steel pretty slick, that may have something to do with it.

I think the hardener makes a big difference in hardness and gloss.

Yeah Atimm you cleaned it too well. In your case a primer would have helped. The paint did not bind properly. Maybe because of the cleaning or the temperature or the humidity. Maybe the paint was old or got too hot or froze. Sometimes the metal feels bone dry but actually has moisture in it and causes paint bonding issues. There are dozens of reason for paint failures.
Paint of all kinds works best in a controlled setting. When we had special coatings in the steel plant where I worked, we would have days on end where we could not paint. The big fab plants now all have material drying ovens and paint booths.

I use hardener on tractors or backhoes dozers etc but implements I never had an issue I put it on thick so it sheds water easily with a brush.

Yeah Atimm you cleaned it too well. In your case a primer would have helped. The paint did not bind properly. Maybe because of the cleaning or the temperature or the humidity. Maybe the paint was old or got too hot or froze. Sometimes the metal feels bone dry but actually has moisture in it and causes paint bonding issues. There are dozens of reason for paint failures.
Paint of all kinds works best in a controlled setting. When we had special coatings in the steel plant where I worked, we would have days on end where we could not paint. The big fab plants now all have material drying ovens and paint booths.

I did prime it with Rustoleum primer.

Latest posts