Love it when the "heifer" bull does the job.

Help Support CattleToday:

goddy

Reaction score
Last heifer calved unassisted last night for a 100% problem free heifer calving with the chosen bull. I used Halfmann Hustler R588 ( Red Angus from Genex) and you can put money on me using him again next year.

My Halfmann R588 heifer is easily one of the nicest commercial heifers we have had to date... Her only competition is a black angus heifer I had last fall. She is DEEP, plenty of capacity, nice looking udder, nice slope from hooks to pins, and is adequately wide in the rear. If I could change 1 thing about her it would probably be to make her a little more feminine in the front end. Oh, and I should probably mention her disposition... She was never raised as a show heifer, strictly raised with mom on grass, then with her adopted sister on grass over summer, then with the dry cows on grass and corn silage this last winter, I can go up to her and throw a halter on her head, then lead her outside the pasture, and she will lead ME into the trailer as it sits in the yard... My dad says I should flush her and start to develop my own brand of "self-loading" cattle :p The cow I got her out of is now my main embryo recip, otherwise I would be using a ton more of him. I will let you know how she handles calving in the next couple weeks, she's due the 15th of March and is bagging up nicely :)

Latest posts