louisiana, 1927

Help Support CattleToday:

We are real close to the Mississippi River here, the flood warning deal the weather service puts out was finally lifted a few days ago and the river is receeding.

MistyMorning":22z8ko3e said:
We are real close to the Mississippi River here, the flood warning deal the weather service puts out was finally lifted a few days ago and the river is receeding.

That must mean it about time for you up nort folks to start shedding off for summer , eh? :mrgreen:

3waycross":357iybqc said:
MistyMorning":357iybqc said:

That must mean it about time for you up nort folks to start shedding off for summer , eh? :mrgreen:
Oh, ya, sure ya betcha, should be able to take those long johns off when threat of frost has passed about June 16th or so, dontcha know! :D

MistyMorning":1kdutqi2 said:
3waycross":1kdutqi2 said:
MistyMorning":1kdutqi2 said:

Oh, ya, sure ya betcha, should be able to take those long johns off when threat of frost has passed about June 16th or so, dontcha know! :D

Do I detect yooper speak in this conversation?

CottageFarm":2yoobgce said:

Do I detect yooper speak in this conversation?[/quote]

Nah, it's pure Minneysooooodan. Yoopers are kinda a cousin though. :D

MistyMorning":2fquq2o5 said:
CottageFarm":2fquq2o5 said:

Do I detect yooper speak in this conversation?

Nah, it's pure Minneysooooodan. Yoopers are kinda a cousin though. :D[/quote]

:lol2: - Yeah, I know. I lived there (UP) for about 6 years a long time ago.
It's hard to distiguish the inflection difference in the written word :lol:

Latest posts