Lottery Ticket

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have heard of this, but this is kind of interesting. Woman won the lottery, signed the ticket, but will be forced to be "outed" as the winner. She doesn't want that, so she's suing to keep her name private. If it was me, I'd just do it, take the money, and become another John Smith in the herd. And I'd buy a butt load of cows.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 310182002/

Bestoutwest":wg1z4s7q said:
I don't know how many of you have heard of this, but this is kind of interesting. Woman won the lottery, signed the ticket, but will be forced to be "outed" as the winner. She doesn't want that, so she's suing to keep her name private. If it was me, I'd just do it, take the money, and become another John Smith in the herd. And I'd buy a butt load of cows.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 310182002/

yes but its public records and she has to play with the lotto rules I would do the opposite take money and get rid of all cows but maybe my top 2 :lol:

Good to know about the trust set-up. Maybe I'll be able to use it someday! :D

Would be nice to remain anonymous, but unless I never spent a dime of it, neighbors would catch on quick.

I doubt I could keep half a billion secret very long anyway. It would be hard to explain where I came up with money for a thousand acres or two.

Craig Miller":2wfggnc3 said:
I doubt I could keep half a billion secret very long anyway. It would be hard to explain where I came up with money for a thousand acres or two.

I think it would be really hard to find good ranch hands for that much land. A lot of people would have their hand out and they'd figure out pretty quickly how rich you were. However, you move into a situation like the King Ranch when it sold, and I'm sure you could bring on the whole crew under your new ownership. Fortunately, though, most of us will never have to worry about this.

" However, you move into a situation like the King Ranch when it sold"
Sold?
Thought King Ranch still belonged to Kleberg/King descendants. No?

Bestoutwest":dsog15ks said:
Craig Miller":dsog15ks said:

I think it would be really hard to find good ranch hands for that much land. A lot of people would have their hand out and they'd figure out pretty quickly how rich you were. However, you move into a situation like the King Ranch when it sold, and I'm sure you could bring on the whole crew under your new ownership. Fortunately, though, most of us will never have to worry about this.

How many you reckon I'll need? I figure I'm as good as any 4